BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

04-13-2022, 09:52 AM   #1
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW x£

Difference between Enzian & Voodoo Blue?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I’m trying to choose between the two colours but cannot see any difference in photos. Any further information would be much appreciated. I really wanted Laguna Seca blue but I’m guessing that could be reserved for the CS edition…hmmmm??
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 10:48 AM   #2
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by truekumar View Post
I’m trying to choose between the two colours but cannot see any difference in photos. Any further information would be much appreciated. I really wanted Laguna Seca blue but I’m guessing that could be reserved for the CS edition…hmmmm??
If you can’t see a difference, does it really matter what you choose?

I have Enzian (photos in signature). Would I care if it was Voodoo instead? Not really to be honest.

Enzian takes on aquamarine hues in some lighting. Voodoo takes on a twinge of purple I think? Voodoo is a tiny bit lighter and a bit more vivid. Enzian is super saturated in fluorescent lighting - I don’t know about Voodoo in similar lighting.

If you really want to see the colors in person, snareman was selling painted samples he’d paid a body shop to do for him.

In any case, you can’t go wrong with either. While taking care of the color, don’t skimp on options - you’ll regret skimping on options a whole lot more than what you chose between two near identical shades of blue.
Appreciate 3
BA///MA97.50
chicagofan0019173.00
snareman9068.00
      04-13-2022, 01:28 PM   #3
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

They are both great blues and you really can't go wrong with either. They will look exactly the same in internet pics, but in person there are subtle differences.

Here you go if you're interested
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1892983

I also wanted Laguna seca but no luck

Last edited by snareman; 04-13-2022 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 04:07 PM   #4
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post

I have Enzian (photos in signature). Would I care if it was Voodoo instead? Not really to be honest.

Enzian takes on aquamarine hues in some lighting. Voodoo takes on a twinge of purple I think? Voodoo is a tiny bit lighter and a bit more vivid. Enzian is super saturated in fluorescent lighting - I don’t know about Voodoo in similar lighting.

If you really want to see the colors in person, snareman was selling painted samples he’d paid a body shop to do for him.

In any case, you can’t go wrong with either. While taking care of the color, don’t skimp on options - you’ll regret skimping on options a whole lot more than what you chose between two near identical shades of blue.
Yeah you are probably right, if I can’t tell the difference I guess I could go with either one really. I’m also considering the full kyalami orange interior like yours, seems like a nice colour combo 👍

Also when you state in your description that Enzian blue was revised 5 times, what do you mean by that?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 04:21 PM   #5
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Care to show anymore new updated photos of your ride? Would love to see some more pics.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 08:34 PM   #6
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Care to show anymore new updated photos of your ride? Would love to see some more pics.
There are photos in random threads like this one:
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=2529

Another one:
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=242

Last edited by kjx; 04-13-2022 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 08:38 PM   #7
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Also when you state in your description that Enzian blue was revised 5 times, what do you mean by that?
BMW has had 5 variations to the color in its lifetime. It's indicated by the revision number in the paint code on the chassis. Thats what a sales guy told me as I took delivery and he said my Ezian looked different from how he remembered it from years past.
      04-13-2022, 10:33 PM   #8
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Your car keeps some nice company.
Appreciate 1
kjx3207.00
      04-14-2022, 08:48 AM   #9
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
BMW has had 5 variations to the color in its lifetime. It's indicated by the revision number in the paint code on the chassis. Thats what a sales guy told me as I took delivery and he said my Ezian looked different from how he remembered it from years past.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Also another quick question, do you believe that a full Fiona red interior could work with Enzian? I’m debating between Kayalami orange or Fiona Red bucket carbon seats. I’ve had far too many black interiors in the past and therefore I want to switch it up a little this time round.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 09:33 PM   #10
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Also another quick question, do you believe that a full Fiona red interior could work with Enzian? I'm debating between Kayalami orange or Fiona Red bucket carbon seats. I've had far too many black interiors in the past and therefore I want to switch it up a little this time round.
I believe someone here has such a car - a Enzian/Voodoo/Santorini-like blue with Fiona Red. It's the Superman combo and does look quite good too. All this is down to individual taste… almost no one thinks my color combo works conceptually before they actually see the car. And I'm sure lot of people think it is quite "loud". Switch it up. Be loud. #YOLO lol
      04-14-2022, 11:13 PM   #11
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I would do the super man combo. Go for it!
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0