BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

12-20-2023, 03:22 PM   #1
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

Roof Blind Problems (or not)?

Two roof blind questions:

1. I can get my roof blind to open and close all the way using a voice command, accessing it through iDrive 8.5, or sliding and holding the physical button on the roof. When I make a SINGLE press upward of the forward button on a closed roof blind, it opens only about a foot. Pressing it again CLOSES it back up. I thought pressing this button up briefly would open or close the roof blind completely and automatically. Is this normal operation as described (and where in the manual do they actually describe the use of that physical roof button)?; and

2. When the vehicle automatically locks after my leaving it, the mirrors turn inward as they're supposed to. However, although I've checked the iDrive 8.5 box to close my open roof blind automatically after the car locks, the roof blind is staying open. Is there a problem or what am I not understanding?

Thx, Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 12:46 AM   #2
GuynamedGuy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroMike View Post
Two roof blind questions:

1. I can get my roof blind to open and close all the way using a voice command, accessing it through iDrive 8.5, or sliding and holding the physical button on the roof. When I make a SINGLE press upward of the forward button on a closed roof blind, it opens only about a foot. Pressing it again CLOSES it back up. I thought pressing this button up briefly would open or close the roof blind completely and automatically. Is this normal operation as described (and where in the manual do they actually describe the use of that physical roof button)?; and

2. When the vehicle automatically locks after my leaving it, the mirrors turn inward as they're supposed to. However, although I've checked the iDrive 8.5 box to close my open roof blind automatically after the car locks, the roof blind is staying open. Is there a problem or what am I not understanding?

Thx, Mike
Yeah my 740i with idrive 8.5 also does the same thing. Even in idrive 8.0 my close roof blind automatically didn’t work either.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 12:59 AM   #3
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

That corroboration was extremely helpful and is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch (G)(g)uy!

BTW, as for the roof shade not closing upon locking if selected, our cars are obviously under warranty. I thought I'd bring mine in to correct that issue. Have you decided not to do the same (i.e., no time, too much hassle for what it's worth, low expectations it'll actually get fixed, etc.)?

Last edited by DroMike; 12-21-2023 at 01:13 AM..
Appreciate 0