BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

11-13-2023, 10:58 PM   #1
Laguna Beach
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i7 M60 Sport Pro

Finally got one! Thank you members.

I just want to say a huge thanks to all the members here who have helped make an easy decision and answered so many questions. It took me a long time, but I am finally a happy owner of a fully loaded i7. Only thing missing is the lounge chair, but will probably never use the backseat anyway. But the TV is a wow factor And a show stopper.

Never thought I’d have an EV this early but this car is a perfect fit for it. Only had it for 2 days and have barely turned on the Diamond B&W cause it so amazing how smooth and quiet this thing drives. I’ve laughed out loud a couple of times by myself. Iconic sounds were shut off pretty fast but again, for showing friends, they’re pretty cool.

Not to start a Mercedes vs Us thread but I was dead set on getting an S580 especially after my last 3 cars were BMW’s and my last M6 blew an engine. Was ready for a change but when I drove an S580 with 5,000 miles it felt like it had 50,000. Creaks and squeaks scared me. Also although the Mercedes is classic and beautiful on the outside, the iPad did nothing for me and the fact that it looked so much like the last 8 years of S classes, and even E classes, it seemed a little too safe. The i7 is anything but safe and classic. I love that. It’s bold and in your face. A nice change and finally looks nothing like a 5 series or a big 3 series. Might even remind me of my old 2001 E38 a little with the lines.

The power is plenty and can’t imagine why you’d need anything more. I catch myself going 100 all the time without it even breaking a sweat. The self driving works great so far and sports mode is probably going to be my go to most of the time. Was very disappointed it didn’t have active roll stabilization but still handles pretty darn good for a 6000 pounder.

The auto doors are awesome and will be even better if USA gets an OTA update if the law is passed that they can open upon walk up. A little slow but still a very cool feature. Didn’t think the alcantara would make a huge difference but it really does. Just feels next level luxury. As far as the acoustic glass goes, not sure if it’s quieter, as I haven’t compared side to side, but nice to know I have it if it is actually doing something.

The Diamond B&W system is above average I would say. Not sure how the base system sounds but struggling to see what the car reviewers were raving about. Maybe I just need to find the right adjustments.

The comfort is next level. Never really liked the seats on the last 7’er but these are ridiculously perfect. Front and back! Fit and finish is also super solid. Would say that everything you touch feels high end. This might be one of the best bang for the buck cars around. Bentley is twice the price Rolls is 3x the price and although this doesn’t have the cache those do, this has crazy value and might even be more stealthy.

A matte grey PPF color change is in my future or if I can’t find the right one at least a matte clear PPF a la Batman on this forum. If anyone has a good idea of a matte grey PPF manufacturer please let me know. They are few and far between.

Thanks again for being a wealth of information and inspiration to finally close the deal. Also a huge shout out to BMW of Dallas for making the experience smooth and professional. Mark Wahlen there was a stud and if you’re in the area use him. Great communication and transparency which is rare these days especially when buying a car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
ando2005.00
Caveno175.00
      11-14-2023, 12:59 AM   #2
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

You're enjoyment is infectious. I'm only a few weeks behind you (mine will arrive around Nov 27) and there's no doubt I'll also love the car for a multitude of reasons similarly. This forum has been great so far for a learning experience and I suspect you and I will continue to learn. But right now, have fun and drive it like ya stole it!!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 10:21 AM   #3
todao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

Congrats and great Positive description of the early experience with This amazing car. I’ve had the 760 for 11 months now and every time I get in it it is still a joyful, luxurious experience.
Appreciate 0