BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

03-07-2023, 07:38 AM   #1
Joe cat
Rep
Drives: Genesis gv70

I opened up my sun blind, and noticed bubbles in the sky lounge glass.
I had just went to the dealer, they were shocked to see. I am going to bring the car back next Thursday to show the rep. Obviously, they will have to order a new glass, who knows how long that will take- I will report back. Needless to say I am extremely discouraged and never would have thought, or have seen this coming.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2023, 05:57 PM   #2
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe cat View Post
I had just went to the dealer, they were shocked to see. I am going to bring the car back next Thursday to show the rep. Obviously, they will have to order a new glass, who knows how long that will take- I will report back. Needless to say I am extremely discouraged and never would have thought, or have seen this coming.
My iX M60 had the same, the bubbles were between the layers of glass (in the layer that turns opaque). BMW knowingly put bad glass in, as they needed to keep the production line moving. It will be covered under warranty, but for the iX it was a full day job and they have to take the entire headliner out. Both the 7 Series and iX are built in the Dingolfing factory, looks like they are just pushing vehicles through regardless of faulty parts. There is a reason I only kept my iX for 2 months.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 07:06 AM   #3
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Speaking of glass issues, I noticed a defect on one of the glasses as it looks like piece of glass is broken from inside. They are going to replace the glass but whats up with all these quality issues? from these few glass problems and the headlight condensation. I never experienced crap like this with even much cheaper cars

--
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Mr.blue223.00
      03-08-2023, 10:30 AM   #4
Spam Head
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i7 xDrive60 M Sport

Quote:

This is shocking. It should have been picked up on PDI. Complain and ask for compensation as they will have to wreck your car to get the glass replaced.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 10:33 AM   #5
Spam Head
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i7 xDrive60 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
My iX M60 had the same, the bubbles were between the layers of glass (in the layer that turns opaque). BMW knowingly put bad glass in, as they needed to keep the production line moving. It will be covered under warranty, but for the iX it was a full day job and they have to take the entire headliner out. Both the 7 Series and iX are built in the Dingolfing factory, looks like they are just pushing vehicles through regardless of faulty parts. There is a reason I only kept my iX for 2 months.
I agree. Someone, at BMW, should have strong words with the Production Manager at Dingolfing. The quality of the build of the new cars has nose dived over the last year or so. And in particular in respect of the electric cars, they just seem to want to push them through the factory door to pick up their tax incentives from the German government.

BMW- You need to behave yourself or you end up loosing trust of your customers just like Benz did back in the 1990s.
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue223.00
      03-29-2023, 10:34 AM   #6
GuynamedGuy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 series

Did BMW cover the glass for you ?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 06:33 AM   #7
Joe cat
Rep
Drives: Genesis gv70

YES THEY ARE COVERING IT - however I am in negations with bmwna to getting a new car as I am having too many issues - very close to doing lemon law - but hestitant - as if they give me all my money back - what do I buy ? A dated s class that’s terribly boring on the outside- and have to close the doors myself- what are we animals? The g90? That’s so small upfront it’s the same as the g80- only the back seat get bigger- with either massaging seats that feel like a Chinese knock off?

The teeny weeny panamera - period!

Lexus-The super low- small door opening- LS500 with barely any features and numb flat driving feel?

Volvo- next!
Jelly bean EQS- next!
Cadillac? I wish! but an absolute joke when compared with the above. Total American Shame- (should make a movie)
Audi? Boring…. better yet BORING!

Jaguar- XJL-R woulda coulda shoulda..But Didn’t!! Another car tragedy!

Acura- waste of five letters

Maserati- for what? car companies old parts- (and I’m Italian).

Cadillac- should build a Bentley Eater

Bigger better faster wider super crazy with a must have interior- must have fat ass, must have a face that you can look at all day and say - wow they did it! What a fantastic design - looks so Italian and yet you see hints of when Cadillac was the true BALLER IF CARS

They did it for corvette- for 60$ I’ll pay $150 BUT WHENNITS NEXT TO A BENTLY

9 out of 10 people would have to say, I’ll definitely take the caddy over the bently and especially for that price difference. Even if it were the same price - I would still take the Cadillac” ! Come on AMERICA - get your head in the game!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 09:41 PM   #8
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
YES THEY ARE COVERING IT - however I am in negations with bmwna to getting a new car as I am having too many issues - very close to doing lemon law - but hestitant - as if they give me all my money back - what do I buy ? A dated s class that’s terribly boring on the outside- and have to close the doors myself- what are we animals? The g90? That’s so small upfront it’s the same as the g80- only the back seat get bigger- with either massaging seats that feel like a Chinese knock off?

The teeny weeny panamera - period!

Lexus-The super low- small door opening- LS500 with barely any features and numb flat driving feel?

Volvo- next!
Jelly bean EQS- next!
Cadillac? I wish! but an absolute joke when compared with the above. Total American Shame- (should make a movie)
Audi? Boring…. better yet BORING!

Jaguar- XJL-R woulda coulda shoulda..But Didn’t!! Another car tragedy!

Acura- waste of five letters

Maserati- for what? car companies old parts- (and I’m Italian).

Cadillac- should build a Bentley Eater

Bigger better faster wider super crazy with a must have interior- must have fat ass, must have a face that you can look at all day and say - wow they did it! What a fantastic design - looks so Italian and yet you see hints of when Cadillac was the true BALLER IF CARS

They did it for corvette- for 60$ I’ll pay $150 BUT WHENNITS NEXT TO A BENTLY

9 out of 10 people would have to say, I’ll definitely take the caddy over the bently and especially for that price difference. Even if it were the same price - I would still take the Cadillac” ! Come on [...]
Replace with another i7-

Clearly more sorted now. This happens on launch cars. Take the money and wait a bit for a 2024…
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 11:30 PM   #9
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

The new S63e AMG… if I hadn’t just gotten the 760 I’d seriously consider getting one.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 08:57 AM   #10
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
The new S63e AMG… if I hadn’t just gotten the 760 I’d seriously consider getting one.
Yes but then you'd have to deal with MB electronics every day.
Appreciate 0