BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

01-03-2023, 08:29 PM   #1
somal007
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i7

lease or finance or buy cash?

What would be the best option for the new 2023 BMW i7? Will the vehicle depreciate a lot?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 09:33 AM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
There must be 50 threads on leasing vs buying. If you take some time to read them, it will give you more background and enable you to decide.

I decided to buy this time to give me the option of selling the car before 3 years or keeping it beyond 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 05:30 PM   #3
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

It is personal preference. Whatever works in your financial situation. Every 7 series depreciates like crazy.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 05:53 PM   #4
TWB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 740I

With the inevitable major depreciation, and complexity of these vehicles, I believe leasing is the optimal choice. Remains in warranty, maintenance cost is negligible, you get the best part of the car too. Another item to consider, if there are body repairs or paint work needed, you don’t have to listen to the dealer beating up the trade when you lease. Of course repairs should be performed properly but you still take a hit even if it wasn’t your own fault!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 06:39 AM   #5
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I'm also in this position as well considering

How long you want to keep the car is also important

What I have found whilst investigating this myself is that there may be a quite a big discount when opting for pcp over cash , so another idea for you to mull over is to get the lease ( and take advantage of the discount ) and the shortly aftwards pay off all of the outstanding
This may worth considering if you plan to keep for a long time but if you are just planning to keep for 3 years with no intent on keeping , then leasing is probably the way to go

I'm planning to keep my nest proposed car for a long time (10 years or so) so for me I'm planning to lease and take advantage of the bmw incentives discount and then pay off in full all outstanding amounts
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 09:15 AM   #6
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWB View Post
With the inevitable major depreciation, and complexity of these vehicles, I believe leasing is the optimal choice. Remains in warranty, maintenance cost is negligible, you get the best part of the car too. Another item to consider, if there are body repairs or paint work needed, you don’t have to listen to the dealer beating up the trade when you lease. Of course repairs should be performed properly but you still take a hit even if it wasn’t your own fault!
This is all true. Had dents in my G12 door that were very expensive to repair and got reported to Carfax. That affected the value considerably, but it was all repaired and at lease end I tunred the car in and there were no lease end charges. But I bought my G70 because for the miles I drive (5-6000/yr) I'd rather keep the car 4 years (warranty) and 4 year lease terms are unreasonable.
Appreciate 0