BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

12-28-2022, 06:32 AM   #1
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Two Millionth 7 Series: i7 xDrive60 in Carbon Black with Cognac Veganza

Quote:
Anniversary for high-tech sedan: Two-millionth BMW 7 Series from BMW Group Plant Dingolfing.

+++ Fully electric BMW i7 rolls off the assembly line as the two millionth BMW 7 Series from the Dingolfing plant +++ Anniversary of the market launch of the seventh BMW 7 Series generation +++ Three drive types - one assembly line +++ Over 45 years of tradition and expertise +++

It rolled off the assembly line a few days ago: the two millionth BMW 7 Series from Dingolfing. It is an elegant BMW i7 xDrive60, painted carbon black with a cognac-colored interior made of the vegan leather alternative Veganza.

Just in time for the market launch of the seventh generation, the BMW 7 Series and the BMW Group Plant Dingolfing are celebrating a joint anniversary. Plant Manager Christoph Schröder says: “The BMW 7 Series is our top model. In it we combine progressive luxury and the latest technologies. Like no other model, it stands for automotive innovations and now also for our electric offensive in the luxury segment. What makes me particularly proud is that we have been producing it here since it was introduced 45 years ago. The Dingolfing plant and the BMW 7 Series simply belong together!”

The new generation has been available from dealers since the beginning of December. The focus of attention: the brand new BMW i7. The purely electrically powered luxury sedan combines ambitious sustainability with the premium claim of the BMW Group. The new BMW 7 Series is also a luxury representative of its class in other respects: its front design clearly distinguishes it from the other series of the brand at first glance. With equipment features such as the BMW Theater Screen, the BMW Interaction Bar and assistants for automated parking and maneuvering, the 7 Series is again pioneering new technologies. For the first time, the new 7 series is also available with three different drive types.

Dingolfing and the BMW 7 Series: a premium combination with tradition for progress

The first BMW 7 Series came onto the market in 1977. Since then, the
top model of the BMW brand has been rolling off the assembly line in Dingolfing. In this tradition, the BMW Group plant is now also producing the seventh generation of the 7 – namely all model variants on a common assembly line, from the BMW i7 to the plug-in hybrid versions to the ultra-modern and new combustion engines. The electric motors and high-voltage batteries for the BMW i7 are also manufactured in-house at the Dingolfing site. They come from the neighboring competence center for electric drive production.

The BMW Group has invested more than 300 million euros in the production of the new BMW 7 Series in its Lower Bavarian vehicle plant. A special highlight: The BMW 7 Series makes its way in the factory automatically from the end of the assembly line to the finishing area. However, the conductive sensors are not installed in the vehicle, but along the route. External software is also used for control. The new technology can be used as soon as the vehicles can drive independently in the production process - i.e. shortly after the engine is first started - and increases the efficiency of the plant's internal logistics enormously.

"Technology carriers like the BMW 7 Series are catalysts for change - also for our plants," emphasized BMW Group Board Member for Production Milan Nedeljković at the start of production of the new generation in July 2022. This applies not only to the manufacturing process, but also with regard to sustainability. Green electricity is being used to an increasing extent in production at the BMW Group plant in Dingolfing, as well as in the supply chain. With raw materials selected in a controlled manner and extensive use of secondary material, the new BMW 7 Series also makes its contribution to the company's ambitious sustainability goals.

Seven generations of the BMW 7 Series – a story of elegance, dynamism and innovation

When the first generation of the BMW 7 Series came onto the market in 1977 as the sportiest luxury class sedan of its time, it brought a wealth of innovations onto the road. These include, among other things, power steering, which puts the effort and speed in relation, an automatic gearshift with Economy and Sport programming and an on-board computer.

The second generation follows in 1986. With this model, the BMW brand underlines its role as an electronics pioneer as well as its claim to be in the luxury class. The BMW 7 Series now has, among other things, standard ABS and an optional Park Distance Control. A special highlight: For the 7-series there is a long version and the first 12-cylinder engine from German production after the Second World War.

The firsts remain, because in the third generation, the BMW 7 Series made a name for itself from 1994 as the first German vehicle with a navigation system and the first diesel engine for this series. Not only is it more elegant and representative on the outside than its predecessors, the luxury sedan sets new standards in terms of safety with standard airbags for driver and front passenger as well as head airbags.

In 2001, the fourth generation of the BMW 7 Series marked the beginning of a design revolution for the BMW brand. A play of light and shadow as well as rearranged joints and the move away from the wedge shape determine the look from now on. Technically, the vehicle scores with Active Cruise Control, new driving quality thanks to Dynamic Drive, as well as state-of-the-art ease of use with iDrive and many other innovations.

From 2008, the fifth generation of the BMW 7 Series represents the perfect combination of style, luxury and driving experience. The latter is ensured, among other things, by a completely newly developed chassis and exclusive driver assistance systems - from adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning to the head-up display. When it comes to comfort, don't forget: plenty of infotainment functions such as unlimited internet use in the vehicle.

From 2015, the sixth generation of the BMW 7 Series will stand for forward-looking technologies and innovations in driver assistance. The exclusive and luxurious limousine has, among other things, a steering and lane guidance assistant and can park remotely. The highly dynamic engines of the 7 Series now include a plug-in hybrid drive for the first time.

The seventh generation of the BMW 7 Series consistently continues this history of innovations. And the BMW Group plant in Dingolfing once again proves its class in terms of flexibility and development potential.
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/deuts...erk-dingolfing

Name:  7er.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  420.7 KB
Appreciate 1
AlteBMW729.00
      12-31-2022, 09:50 AM   #2
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List