BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

12-10-2022, 10:27 PM   #1
todao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

G70 760i Driving Impressions after 2 days

I had the 2019 M850 for three years and wanted a quieter car that there was no so much road noise. I ordered back in October a black sapphire 760i with driving assistance, parking assistance, executive package, M sport and laminated glass. Delivery would not be til January. i had worked out a three year lease deal on that car and was anxiously trying to hurry January to come.

On a trip to Thousand Oaks, i passed a BMW dealership and just stopped in just to see if they had the new 760 so I could take a look at it. Lo and behold they had a Brooklyn Gray 760 they had just put out on the floor. It was beautiful! The color is amazing in person and it had the M sport package so the front grill was blacked out which looks great with the gray.

Sat in it and looking at it, realized that it had all the things I ordered in mine PLUS the Bowers and Wilkins upgrade, the rear seating package, 21" wheels, alcantara headliner and the carbon fiber trim.

Told the sales guy that I had already ordered one and we agreed he'd try and get close to my deal since MSRP was $134,775, which was $11K over MSRP of the car I ordered.

After going back and forth several times, we settled on the exact same deal as the other 760 I ordered but with an extra $80 on the monthly lease. With all the additional extras on this car, that was too good to pass on. With all the extras on this car over the other one, there was no comparison. So I signed and brought this car home yesterday and cancelled my deposit on the other car.

The car is amazing. Now I'm coming from and 850 so...
-The cabin is ultra quiet and the sounds of the road are hardly noticeable.
- There's been concern about no ASS button. I had one on the 850 and worried about that but honestly, I don't really even notice it because the transition with the electric motor turning on the car is so smooth and quiet. I know many want a fix but at this point, I think I'm just fine with that.
- Actually got iDrive 8 already pretty much figured out. It's really not all that complicated.
- The LED's in the moonroof are amazing at night. Not noticeable in the day.
- Auto open doors. Once you get used to standing in the right place to open them, it becomes very smooth
- The seats are ultra comfortable. Obviously ultra adjustable.
- Digital key! I can now open, start and drive the car with only my phone OR only my Apple watch. Wow! You can also transfer a digital key to other people to open and drive the car. This is pretty slick. The digital key sits in the iPhone wallet.
- In person the car's appearance makes a bold statement because it looks substantial and imposing.
- I think the Bowers and Wilkins upgrade is completely worth it. I didn't order it in the first 760 I ordered but now I realize that the car is SO quiet you can hear everything in the sound system and I agree with the reviewers, the upgraded sound system is prob the best in just about any car.
- Still working on the memorized paths. I recorded one path from my alley into the garage (since my garage is only 144", that's 20" to spare once it's parked so I want to get the car in as close to the wall without hitting it). It didn't recognize the path due to "lighting" so not sure what that means but this will be a great feature. I have Apple Homekit, so I can tell Siri to open my garage door and then tell the 760 to drive that path into the garage to get as close to the wall without hitting it.
- The hey BMW works very very well. You can control most functions in the car with it. I listen to Sirius XM but unfortunately hey BMW can't go to a specific station.
- With Sirius, you can set presets and favorites. Once you set favorites, it doesn't default to favorites so you have to go Music/Sirius/Favorites to get to it. Wish there was a shortcut. Have yet to try Hey BMW on that one... The 850 defaulted to the preset stations and you could toggle through them with the arrows on the steering wheel. You can do that on the 760. I haven't found where you access the presets (as compared to favorites). Preset is not even a lookup word in the manual.
- I think the climate menu is overcomplicated but hey, you get used to it.
- The car is still under 300 miles so it is not full power yet but the transmission is very very smooth. This has more HP than the 850 but also a lot more weight. I'm sure it will be completely sufficient.
- Driving this is the most relaxing driving experience I've ever had. I've seen that it's so smooth and quiet, the cabin is like going to a retreat, so the experience is extremely relaxing.

Will send pics tomorrow.
Appreciate 8
TWB24.00
ewoody84.00
Wills28656.00
Dr.Amro74.00
Mr.blue223.00
      12-11-2022, 04:01 AM   #2
dimapb
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i; 2022 BMW X7

Garage List
2023 BMW 760  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Sounds like you negotiated a very good deal. Congratulations and enjoy your new car!
In reference to XM Presets, click on Audio Sources and you’ll see Presets there as one of the options.
      12-12-2022, 02:56 PM   #3
BKgreyinTX
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i

Garage List
Pictures????
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 04:45 PM   #4
Dr.Amro
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i ,2013 Escalade

Quote:
Originally Posted by todao View Post
I had the 2019 M850 for three years and wanted a quieter car that there was no so much road noise. I ordered back in October a black sapphire 760i with driving assistance, parking assistance, executive package, M sport and laminated glass. Delivery would not be til January. i had worked out a three year lease deal on that car and was anxiously trying to hurry January to come.

On a trip to Thousand Oaks, i passed a BMW dealership and just stopped in just to see if they had the new 760 so I could take a look at it. Lo and behold they had a Brooklyn Gray 760 they had just put out on the floor. It was beautiful! The color is amazing in person and it had the M sport package so the front grill was blacked out which looks great with the gray.

Sat in it and looking at it, realized that it had all the things I ordered in mine PLUS the Bowers and Wilkins upgrade, the rear seating package, 21" wheels, alcantara headliner and the carbon fiber trim.

Told the sales guy that I had already ordered one and we agreed he'd try and get close to my deal since MSRP was $134,775, which was $11K over MSRP of the car I ordered.

After going back and forth several times, we settled on the exact same deal as the other 760 I ordered but with an extra $80 on the monthly lease. With all the additional extras on this car, that was too good to pass on. With all the extras on this car over the other one, there was no comparison. So I signed and brought this car home yesterday and cancelled my deposit on the other car.

The car is amazing. Now I'm coming from and 850 so...
-The cabin is ultra quiet and the sounds of the road are hardly noticeable.
- There's been concern about no ASS button. I had one on the 850 and worried about that but honestly, I don't really even notice it because the transition with the electric motor turning on the car is so smooth and quiet. I know many want a fix but at this point, I think I'm just fine with that.
- Actually got iDrive 8 already pretty much figured out. It's really not all that complicated.
- The LED's in the moonroof are amazing at night. Not noticeable in the day.
- Auto open doors. Once you get used to standing in the right place to open them, it becomes very smooth
- The seats are ultra comfortable. Obviously ultra adjustable.
- Digital key! I can now open, start and drive the car with only my phone OR only my Apple watch. Wow! You can also transfer a digital key to other people to open and drive the car. This is pretty slick. The digital key sits in the iPhone wallet.
- In person the car's appearance makes a bold statement because it looks substantial and imposing.
- I think the Bowers and Wilkins upgrade is completely worth it. I didn't order it in the first 760 I ordered but now I realize that the car is SO quiet you can hear everything in the sound system and I agree with the reviewers, the upgraded sound system is prob the best in just about any car.
- Still working on the memorized paths. I recorded one path from my alley into the garage (since my garage is only 144", that's 20" to spare once it's parked so I want to get the car in as close to the wall without hitting it). It didn't recognize the path due to "lighting" so not sure what that means but this will be a great feature. I have Apple Homekit, so I can tell Siri to open my garage door and then tell the 760 to drive that path into the garage to get as close to the wall without hitting it.
- The hey BMW works very very well. You can control most functions in the car with it. I listen to Sirius XM but unfortunately hey BMW can't go to a specific station.
- With Sirius, you can set presets and favorites. Once you set favorites, it doesn't default to favorites so you have to go Music/Sirius/Favorites to get to it. Wish there was a shortcut. Have yet to try Hey BMW on that one... The 850 defaulted to the preset stations and you could toggle through them with the arrows on the steering wheel. You can do that on the 760. I haven't found where you access the presets (as compared to favorites). Preset is not even a lookup word in the manual.
- I think the climate menu is overcomplicated but hey, you get used to it.
- The car is still under 300 miles so it is not full power yet but the transmission is very very smooth. This has more HP than the 850 but also a lot more weight. I'm sure it will be completely sufficient.
- Driving this is the most relaxing driving experience I've ever had. I've seen that it's so smooth and quiet, the cabin is like going to a retreat, so the experience is extremely relaxing.

Will send pics tomorrow.
Congratulations on your new car, I think that you are the only one one this forum that managed to negotiate an actual good deal , And yes totally agree with everything you said have been driving the car for 450 miles so far, The car is very quick btw once you pass this 300 lock , try the sport mode plus the boost but make sure that your back is healthy enough to handle the acceleration lol
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 07:56 PM   #5
joeyjoejoejr
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i and 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Amro View Post
Congratulations on your new car, I think that you are the only one one this forum that managed to negotiate an actual good deal , And yes totally agree with everything you said have been driving the car for 450 miles so far, The car is very quick btw once you pass this 300 lock , try the sport mode plus the boost but make sure that your back is healthy enough to handle the acceleration lol
Wait are you guys paying over MSRP?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 08:34 PM   #6
Dr.Amro
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i ,2013 Escalade

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
Wait are you guys paying over MSRP?
The only thing I managed was to get rid of is a 4K mark up and I struggled to do so, but going less than MSRP was not the case for any one here on the forum except you according to what I read .
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 09:09 PM   #7
joeyjoejoejr
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i and 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Amro View Post
The only thing I managed was to get rid of is a 4K mark up and I struggled to do so, but going less than MSRP was not the case for any one here on the forum except you according to what I read .
No, I paid sticker. I would’ve walked otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 10:18 PM   #8
dimapb
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i; 2022 BMW X7

Garage List
2023 BMW 760  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
I paid $2k off MSRP to offset the marked up MF, got free all weather mats, and a free BMW mug.
      12-12-2022, 10:32 PM   #9
todao
Private First Class
Rep

The MSRP on the car was $134,775.

The lease deal I got was $10,000 down with a monthly payment of $2138 for 36 months and 10K miles per year. $0 drive off.

I took this quickly because the other deal I had was for the car. I ordered in October was an MSRP of $123,007 and the exact same deal except a monthly payment of $2048.

So for the additional $90 per month, I got a car with $10,000 more of equipment. And I have to say the upgraded bowers and Wilkins system is worth it alone.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 10:35 PM   #10
todao
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by todao View Post
The MSRP on the car was $134,775.

The lease deal I got was $10,000 down with a monthly payment of $2138 for 36 months and 10K miles per year. $0 drive off.

I took this quickly because the other deal I had was for the car. I ordered in October was an MSRP of $123,007 and the exact same deal except a monthly payment of $2048.

So for the additional $90 per month, I got a car with $10,000 more of equipment. And I have to say the upgraded bowers and Wilkins system is worth it alone.
Keep in mind, I am paying LA city tax of 9.5% which is included in this monthly lease payment.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 10:44 PM   #11
todao
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_t View Post
Would you mind sharing what lease deal you got? Would greatly appreciate it, thank you!

Greg, for some reason I can’t send a private message on this phone app but if you’re working on a lease deal, would love it if you shared it here.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 10:48 PM   #12
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i Xdrive, 2021 X5M co

Garage List
I just happened to stumble onto this thread, todao sounds like he got one awesome deal. I've been looking at the 760i myself. I test drove one a couple of weeks ago and my wife loves it. I thinks it might be a bit too large of a car for my taste but I love the interior, the bright strip of light on the dash will have to grow on me though, not sure how the car will look in the dark. Anyway, I was the dealership this past week getting my X5M serviced. The sales manger sent me an email and then approached me while I was there. He wanted to know If I'd be interested in selling or trading for a new vehicle. I told him that I might be interested if the price was right. I mentioned that I had some interest in the 760i and was thinking about placing an order, that way I could continue driving the X5M while I waited. Long story short, I test drove their demo 760 that is sapphire black, had about 100 miles on it and a price of $130,000. He low balled me on my trade so I said ok, No thanks. Then he said I might be able to make something happen if you buy the one we have tonight. I don't know how generous they plan to be but I said Id think about it. The one I want to order is only around 123 to $125000 and includes Dravit gray paint and 21inch wheels. My wife says no, order what you want, it will make you more happy. I don't know if I'm quite ready to give up the X5M just yet because I didn't drive much earlier this because a hip injury and surgery so the vehicle has very low miles, but this might be a great deal with more options. Anyone have any advice?
      12-12-2022, 10:53 PM   #13
greg_t
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 760i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.blue View Post
I just happened to stumble onto this thread, todao sounds like he got one awesome deal. I've been looking at the 760i myself. I test drove one a couple of weeks ago and my wife loves it. I thinks it might be a bit too large of a car for my taste but I love the interior, the bright strip of light on the dash will have to grow on me though, not sure how the car will look in the dark. Anyway, I was the dealership this past week getting my X5M serviced. The sales manger sent me an email and then approached me while I was there. He wanted to know If I'd be interested in selling or trading for a new vehicle. I told him that I might be interested if the price was right. I mentioned that I had some interest in the 760i and was thinking about placing an order, that way I could continue driving the X5M while I waited. Long story short, I test drove their demo 760 that is sapphire black, had about 100 miles on it and a price of $130,000. He low balled me on my trade so I said ok, No thanks. Then he said I might be able to make something happen if you buy the one we have tonight. I don't know how generous they plan to be but I said Id think about it. The one I want to order is only around 123 to $125000 and includes Dravit gray paint and 21inch wheels. My wife says no, order what you want, it will make you more happy. I don't know if I'm quite ready to give up the X5M just yet because I didn't drive much earlier this because a hip injury and surgery so the vehicle has very low miles, but this might be a great deal with more options. Anyone have any advice?
The 760i will be much more of a comfortable and smooth ride. Maybe try to sell the x5m elsewhere to get a better valuation.
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue223.00