BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

12-10-2022, 05:15 PM   #1
Stealth_BMW
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Garage List
2024 BMW XM  [0.00]
2023 BMW IX  [0.00]
As the titles states. I’d like some opinions. I love my X6 but damn the 760 keeps looking better as I watch the videos.

2022 X6 M50i
2023 IX xDrive50
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue223.00
      12-10-2022, 11:02 PM   #2
joeyjoejoejr
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i and 2020 X5 M50i

What would you like to know? I just took delivery of a Tanzanite blue/ivory 760i last Friday. I have a fully loaded 2020 X5 M50i with a carbahn tune on it as well. I didn’t andd any of the rear seat options as I’m just a single guy. unfortunately when I ordered I couldn’t get massaging seats or active roll stabilization.

Truth be told I wasn’t planning on buying the car when it came in. I didn’t realize massaging seats weren’t standard or available and by the time I did it was already in production. Once I test drove it though…it was a done deal. I never use the massage much anymore than to show friends anyway. The car is really special. I didn’t get the M sport package, just the brakes. So it’s got the chrome grill and I think it suits the car better. Breaks up the face a bit more, and the lighting around it at night actually looks cool instead of corny like on a MB star. But I’m not into the murdered out look so much. The car rides amazing, the seats are better than my late grandfather’s 2009 Phantom, the auto doors are pretty sweet, and it just makes me happy any time I need to drive somewhere. The 4D sound system is def an upgrade over the B&W in my X5, and I haven’t uploaded any HiRes tracks yet. I don’t love iDrive 8 or the lack of certain buttons, like to put down the sunshades(which are dark as hell.) Lemme know if you’ve got any specific questions. I’ll post pics once I get the paint correction(it has really bad orange peel)and protection.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2022, 09:31 AM   #3
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
I don’t love iDrive 8 or the lack of certain buttons, like to put down the sunshades(which are dark as hell.) Lemme know if you’ve got any specific questions. I’ll post pics once I get the paint correction(it has really bad orange peel)and protection.
Theres a button for the sunshades on the driver's door. If that doesn't work, go to the menus and see if the car was set up to raise the sunshades automatically (I think it is a sunny weather mode or something like it), and turn it off. This drove me crazy until I figured it out. Sunshades are very much darker than those on G12, probably more effective when parked in the sun on a hot day, but may not be usable when driving (as when driving East when the sun is setting in the West).
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 07:39 AM   #4
Stealth_BMW
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Garage List
2024 BMW XM  [0.00]
2023 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
What would you like to know? I just took delivery of a Tanzanite blue/ivory 760i last Friday. I have a fully loaded 2020 X5 M50i with a carbahn tune on it as well. I didn’t andd any of the rear seat options as I’m just a single guy. unfortunately when I ordered I couldn’t get massaging seats or active roll stabilization.

Truth be told I wasn’t planning on buying the car when it came in. I didn’t realize massaging seats weren’t standard or available and by the time I did it was already in production. Once I test drove it though…it was a done deal. I never use the massage much anymore than to show friends anyway. The car is really special. I didn’t get the M sport package, just the brakes. So it’s got the chrome grill and I think it suits the car better. Breaks up the face a bit more, and the lighting around it at night actually looks cool instead of corny like on a MB star. But I’m not into the murdered out look so much. The car rides amazing, the seats are better than my late grandfather’s 2009 Phantom, the auto doors are pretty sweet, and it just makes me happy any time I need to drive somewhere. The 4D sound system is def an upgrade over the B&W in my X5, and I haven’t uploaded any HiRes tracks yet. I don’t love iDrive 8 or the lack of certain buttons, like to put down the sunshades(which are dark as hell.) Lemme know if you’ve got any specific questions. I’ll post pics once I get the paint correction(it has really bad orange peel)and protection.
What about the size and space? Do you miss riding higher on the X5? What about the speed and acceleration? I’m an audiophile and I love technology, which is why I’m too excited about the M760.

2022 X6 M50i
2023 IX xDrive50
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 09:26 PM   #5
joeyjoejoejr
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i and 2020 X5 M50i

Well, my x5 is currently getting serviced and some warranty work done so I can’t give a back to back right now. But if I’m being honest I’ve never been too attracted to the high riding part of SUVs. I hate the cliche but I’m def more of a wagon guy and before the X5 I had a Volvo V90. The car has high door(window?)sills though and the front is pretty high as well. It reminds me of driving a phantom. Feels SUV like so You may not miss that the high riding feeling. I’ve only put about 290 miles so far so I’m not making full power yet but the engine feels and sounds completely different from what the n63 sounds like, even before I chipped it. I actually really dig it, but maybe it’s a honeymoon thing and I’ll miss the oodles of power. I’m getting too old for that I think. I finally gave up on using a high end DAP and repurchased some of my fav albums in HiRes flac. The stereo is amazing. I keep deleting and reinstalling my BMW to see if I can get the remote parking to work but no joy. I’ve got the beta iOS and the lost recent firmware on the car so who knows what the issue is. The space in the back is cavernous and I’m 6’3. Far more room than in the X5. Feels wider maybe too. The trunk should actually be on par with your X6. I dunno about that. I’ve tossed my clubs in it so far, but that’s all.
Appreciate 0