BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

12-03-2022, 11:06 AM   #1
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Shortcuts

One of the things that was not fully explained when I took delivery is the ability to set up shortcuts in ID8. This is in addition to "Presets" for media (e.g. radio stations). I accepted an invite for an "encore" with the Genius and we went through this in more detail. If you swipe down on the screen or tilt up on the controller you'll get to the shortcuts. It is prepopulated with some of the more common functions but you can add up to 8 of your own. I added Media Presets, USB music, Mode switching (so I can pick Sport easily after startup), tire pressure, and trip computer. Your choices may differ - the point is to allow individual customization. It takes the edge off of having everything buried somewhere under an app on the screen.

Last edited by AlteBMW; 12-03-2022 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 2
Lovin7er136.50
      12-03-2022, 11:37 AM   #2
Lovin7er
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
One of the things that was not fully explained when I took delivery is the ability to set up shortcuts in ID8. This is in addition to "Presets" for media (e.g. radio stations). I accepted an invute for an "encore" with the Genius and we went through this in more detail. If you swipe down on the screen or tilt up on the controller you'll get to the shortcuts. It is prepopulated with some of the more common functions but you can add up to 8 of your own. I added Media Presets, USB music, Mode switching (so I can pick Sport easily after startup), tire pressure, and trip computer. Your choices may differ - the point is to allow individual customization. It takes the edge off of having everything buried somewhere under an app on the screen.
Thank you very much!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 08:48 PM   #3
bimori
Rep
Drives: BMW (X7 760IX))

Shortcuts are awesome. Been playing with my wife’s ‘23 X7 to get acclimatized to ID8.

Taking delivery of my car next week.
Appreciate 0