BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-13-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
patzkata
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Program new item to car

Hi
My car is f15 35i which is an American version imported in the Europe.
After the import the car headlights and front window (incl mirror) have been replaced due to accident with original 2nd hand from European one.
the guy before me replaced the damaged adaptive bi-xenon headlights with a cheaper non adaptive bi-xenon from European car.
Same for the front window which came with the mirror. The mirror includes garage opening controls.
The problem is that the car records errors saying that the mounted items do not belong to the car, which results some modules wakening up which drains my battery. (the car wakes up while parked as welcome lights lighting, turning off then on again in random cycles).
The question is can i program /code this new items so the car not to record errros which eventually to stop the modules wakening (i hope).
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 05:04 PM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

I know wiring is different for the taillights so there is a very high chance that new headlights simply got wrong wiring, and this is not a coding issue. I would think about LED conversion and call it a day, same thing with a mirror, you can buy one on Ebay for $100-250 (based on options you have) and just glue new one on. Overall it sounds like you need to find a good electrician who will check everything.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 11:40 PM   #3
patzkata
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Thanks Red_y,
Not sure for the wiring but Everything is working.
My electrician guy sait for the mirror probably there are different versions for the module who sends the signal for the garage door between US and a eur versions ans this may be the main problem why the car loggs an error that the mirror didn't belong to the car.
Anyway there should be a way to code to the car that this items now belong to her, as if buy a new mirror is about 100-200,then the story with the headlights is much different, where switching to led is not easy an easy job from what I read so far
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 01:26 AM   #4
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

The new mirror can be coded with Esys. Google it.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 11:43 AM   #5
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzkata View Post
Thanks Red_y,
Not sure for the wiring but Everything is working.
My electrician guy sait for the mirror probably there are different versions for the module who sends the signal for the garage door between US and a eur versions ans this may be the main problem why the car loggs an error that the mirror didn't belong to the car.
Anyway there should be a way to code to the car that this items now belong to her, as if buy a new mirror is about 100-200,then the story with the headlights is much different, where switching to led is not easy an easy job from what I read so far
If you know for a fact that wiring is all good then ask in the coding thread (https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1033991) , sounds like you need some VO coding to change it to proper options (basic VO coding guide here https://www.4shared.com/office/pKbWJ..._MWPos__8.html ). Here is also a link to monkiboy LED conversion:
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=22336774
Appreciate 0