R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

04-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #1
M4lifestyle
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Door Ding and dent

How offen you guys get a door ding or dent?

I got my car for less than a week and got two already. Both of them have paint chipped.

Can I conclude 99% of dent and ding can be fully repaired?

I already parked my car like super far from the crowd and still get this.

What do you guys do to avoid these? Or just let it be? Some suggestion on best practice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 09:16 PM   #2
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

I generally park as far away from the other cars as possible or I choose the end spots. You cut the chance of being hit my 50%.

So far it's been successful but I did get one incident over the winter where it wasn't a guy that bumped my car from beside me.....he backed into my front bumper from ACROSS from me (idiot). It resulted in repainting my bumper which was a win as I had my front plate removed at the same time.

Door dings are pretty easy and clean to pull out as long as paint wasn't taken off. I had a couple at the time of purchasing my 3er CPO and BMW Toronto pulled them out successfully. There was literally no trace of the dings after they pulled them.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 09:25 PM   #3
M4lifestyle
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC328_F30 View Post
I generally park as far away from the other cars as possible or I choose the end spots. You cut the chance of being hit my 50%.

So far it's been successful but I did get one incident over the winter where it wasn't a guy that bumped my car from beside me.....he backed into my front bumper from ACROSS from me (idiot). It resulted in repainting my bumper which was a win as I had my front plate removed at the same time.

Door dings are pretty easy and clean to pull out as long as paint wasn't taken off. I had a couple at the time of purchasing my 3er CPO and BMW Toronto pulled them out successfully. There was literally no trace of the dings after they pulled them.
Thanks for the reply. Did BMW did it for free?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 09:26 PM   #4
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am4zinlyfast View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the reply. Did BMW did it for free?
They did it for free as I had flagged the dings prior to delivery. I believe service charges about $100/ding under regular circumstances.

I'm pretty sure they sub out the service to dent doctor or another related 3rd party. It's the same case with their wheel refinishing.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 09:46 PM   #5
M4lifestyle
Private
Rep

Quote:
They did it for free as I had flagged the dings prior to delivery. I believe service charges about $100/ding under regular circumstances.

I'm pretty sure they sub out the service to dent doctor or another related 3rd party. It's the same case with their wheel refinishing.
Thanks for the info. Cheers
Appreciate 0