BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

01-14-2024, 04:30 PM   #1
saudisinaudis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive GC

Can anyone identify freeze.m3's stance setup?

I’m trying to identify if he has a front wheel lowering spring setup or both front / rear drop, and additionally if he has spacers or if this is how the car comes stock. Has anyone here seen enough stock M3s and has the eyes to tell which sides are dropped, and if the wheels are spaced out?

To be clear, I’m not asking if the car is dropped, because it certainly is. I’m only asking because I know the fender gap already comes narrow for the rear wheels, so I can’t tell if he only has the front dropped or both front & rear. I also don’t know how to tell if there are spacers or not, as my car is not done yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 04:42 PM   #2
M4Lou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21'-x3m40i 23'-m4c 24'-x3mc

That's gotta be both front and rear spring upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 05:54 PM   #3
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Why not message him?
      01-14-2024, 06:00 PM   #4
saudisinaudis
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Why not message him?
I tried, he didn’t respond. He has about 170k followers
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 06:13 PM   #5
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Looks like something in the 15 mm range. Part of the reason it looks like that is that it's got a lot of obvious negative camber in the front and rear. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with disproportionate inner tire wear if it's a daily driver. But is a good thing mostly regularly cornered hard on a track.
      01-14-2024, 07:15 PM   #6
CC M3C X
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Xdrive

It’s obviously hard to say for sure, but my guess would be 12mm spacers all the way around on AST springs. The reason I think it is 12mm all the way around is because I am on 15mm square and this one appears to fill out the fenders less than mine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 07:18 PM   #7
saudisinaudis
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC M3C X View Post
It’s obviously hard to say for sure, but my guess would be 12mm spacers all the way around on AST springs. The reason I think it is 12mm all the way around is because I am on 15mm square and this one appears to fill out the fenders less than mine.
Sounds about right. Do you have AST springs all around? What’s the drop height you’ve set?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 08:25 PM   #8
CC M3C X
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudisinaudis View Post
Sounds about right. Do you have AST springs all around? What’s the drop height you’ve set?
Yes, AST all around. They are just springs (not adjustable). Super happy with them. As you would expect (rightfully so), there are varying opinions on all of the different suspension setups. Coming from someone who has spent decades on a variety of tracks as well as well as countless canyon runs in a variety of fantastic sports cars and sport bikes (some track prepped and some not). The set up works well, really well.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 08:31 PM   #9
saudisinaudis
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC M3C X View Post
Yes, AST all around. They are just springs (not adjustable). Super happy with them. As you would expect (rightfully so), there are varying opinions on all of the different suspension setups. Coming from someone who has spent decades on a variety of tracks as well as well as countless canyon runs in a variety of fantastic sports cars and sport bikes (some track prepped and some not). The set up works well, really well.
I’m interested to hear more. Front 32mm, rear 25mm, and 15mm spacers: How is clearance? It’s not too clear if you have a lip on but I’d assume not, based on the side pics. No side skirts either. Have you ever been on any (on the current setup) before deciding to go without?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 09:06 PM   #10
CC M3C X
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudisinaudis View Post
I’m interested to hear more. Front 32mm, rear 25mm, and 15mm spacers: How is clearance? It’s not too clear if you have a lip on but I’d assume not, based on the side pics. No side skirts either. Have you ever been on any (on the current setup) before deciding to go without?
Yes. Clearance is totally fine for my application. It is not a primary car for me therefore, I’m not too worried about speed bumps and things like that. As for Clarence in the wheelwells, when I first put it together, I did get a little bit of rubbing at full lock in reverse as many have stated. all I did was pull the front wheels back off heat up the area that was rubbing with a heat gun slightly press it forward and have never rubbed again. I’ve not had any rubbing in the back, but I’ve only had limited use with adult passengers in the back. The setup is pretty low. I was on a canyon run with a track prepped C7 Z06 a 23 Carrera GTS and a last gen AMG E63S. There was a high speed corner that had a slight high spot, mid corner in the middle of the lane. I did barely make contact as did the Z06 but the other two cars did not.
As for front lip or any of that. No, I do not. There are a couple that I like but I don’t know if I like them enough to actually add one.
Appreciate 0