BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

07-03-2022, 05:57 AM   #1
dgalea_79
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 430d Sport Auto xd

Colour + Interior for a G80

Hi everyone,

My 1st post on this site, even though i have been follow it very closely for quite some years now.

I am looking to upgrade from my 430d xd F32 - MY15 to an MY23 G80 Comp xd. I have always been wanting and M3 and missed buying one from the previous gen, however as this will be the last generation as a pure ICE with i6, i think now is the time.

I have successfully negotiated with the local dealer the price that i need to be at, however i am having dilemma's around exterior & interior color.

Just to put in context, i live in a very small mostly sunny island called Malta in the Mediterranean Sea, so i expect the color of the car to really pop out. As the island is also very small only 500,000 inhabitants, there is not an expectation that there will be a lot of G80's ordered in the country, so I wanted to be a bit exclusive in terms of exterior/interior color combo.

Currently i have 3 options:

Tanzanite Blue, Red Calipers with Kyalami Orange Interior (no CF packs on interior and exterior, I think the days of being mad on CF is over ). Really like the color especially with sun on, but dealer told me that they already have had orders for this color.

Alvite Grey (it's the cheaper of the Individual Colors), Blue Calipers, not sure if Kyalami Orange will be a great choice on this one...or whether then i have to go with individual Tartufo. I don't want the lighter Silverstone or white interior - my F32 has cashmere beige and want to change a bit the shade of the interior color. No orders for this color was made in the country as yet.

San Remo Green Metallic (not available anywhere on the visualizers for individual and not a standard color for the G80, but dealer confirmed its also one of the cheaper Individual colors and can be ordered on a G80), Red Calipers, Deletion of extended Shadowline content, I think this color can work with Kyalami Orange. I really like this color on the 4'ers, but i cannot visualize it on the G80 especially with orange interior. Slight concern on SRGM is that it may be a bit too deep on a non shiny day or late evenings, although where i live is mostly sunny. No orders for this color made in the country as yet.

If i can get some steer on what works or not for the color combination, i'd be infinitely grateful.

Many thanks for your help!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 12:06 PM   #2
disancke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32; 2023 G82 XDrive

Not being helpful, but just love (and a bit envy) the idea and the capability of tracking colors of all cars and ordering a surely unique car in the country. Def much much harder to do that in the US lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 01:11 PM   #3
GrubTheHedgehog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Don’t put San Remo Green on that car! It is dark and will make the car look drab. I do like it, but not on G80. San Remo is a standard color for 4 series and i4, so you loose exclusivity. To me it is not a fun color.

Get the Grey exterior and Orange or Blue and Orange. With Tanzenite, orange will really pop. I would get Portimao Blue and orange myself, if I was going blue. Tanzenite is to suble for me, frankly.

Just watch out for San Remo. It is really dark.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 01:31 PM   #4
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgalea_79 View Post
Hi everyone,

My 1st post on this site, even though i have been follow it very closely for quite some years now.

I am looking to upgrade from my 430d xd F32 - MY15 to an MY23 G80 Comp xd. I have always been wanting and M3 and missed buying one from the previous gen, however as this will be the last generation as a pure ICE with i6, i think now is the time.

I have successfully negotiated with the local dealer the price that i need to be at, however i am having dilemma's around exterior & interior color.

Just to put in context, i live in a very small mostly sunny island called Malta in the Mediterranean Sea, so i expect the color of the car to really pop out. As the island is also very small only 500,000 inhabitants, there is not an expectation that there will be a lot of G80's ordered in the country, so I wanted to be a bit exclusive in terms of exterior/interior color combo.

Currently i have 3 options:

Tanzanite Blue, Red Calipers with Kyalami Orange Interior (no CF packs on interior and exterior, I think the days of being mad on CF is over ). Really like the color especially with sun on, but dealer told me that they already have had orders for this color.

Alvite Grey (it's the cheaper of the Individual Colors), Blue Calipers, not sure if Kyalami Orange will be a great choice on this one...or whether then i have to go with individual Tartufo. I don't want the lighter Silverstone or white interior - my F32 has cashmere beige and want to change a bit the shade of the interior color. No orders for this color was made in the country as yet.

San Remo Green Metallic (not available anywhere on the visualizers for individual and not a standard color for the G80, but dealer confirmed its also one of the cheaper Individual colors and can be ordered on a G80), Red Calipers, Deletion of extended Shadowline content, I think this color can work with Kyalami Orange. I really like this color on the 4'ers, but i cannot visualize it on the G80 especially with orange interior. Slight concern on SRGM is that it may be a bit too deep on a non shiny day or late evenings, although where i live is mostly sunny. No orders for this color made in the country as yet.

If i can get some steer on what works or not for the color combination, i'd be infinitely grateful.

Many thanks for your help!!!
You can see Sanremo on the Individual Visualizer here.

Also, all individual colors are $4,500 USD, not sure what it would be in Euros.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 01:45 PM   #5
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Tanzanite is a bit dull for my tastes. Only in very bright light does it come alive. I understand being in Malta you get a lot of that, but I do here as well in TX and still I didn't go for it. My wife's Cayenne is a similar color, Moonlight Blue, and most of the time you'd think it was black.

This thread on the i4's will give you an idea of San Remo on a 4 door similar to M3.

https://www.******.com/threads/san-r...e-4#post-13602
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 02:19 PM   #6
Bxss
Minor General
Rep
Drives: G80

I think that Tanzanite blue is a beautiful color but if your looking for something that pops I dont think it will be the right choice, but it will look good with an orange interior. I live in Florida and I get a lot of sun and I didn't pick tanzanite. If I had to pick an individual color that was blue I would definitely go with Atlantis blue or Rivera blue.

Here's a post that has rivera blue and Orange interior! hope this helps.

post: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1896720
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 02:38 PM   #7
bwoodahl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RS6

Just my 2¢ here. Try to see the colors in-person, if at all possible. Most smartphone images overcook and overexpose the colors. In general, the colors are usually slightly darker and not as vivid.
Appreciate 0