BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

01-22-2024, 10:21 PM   #45
Cloudplay
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Anglesey Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB_Cooper View Post
Wouldn’t get the full KO to avoid the orange door cards. IMO the KO looks better with black door cards.
Same here. I have a pretty well optioned G80 on order, but went with extended KO - full is just too much orange for me.

Real must-haves for me were the buckets and carbon roof. Added all the tech packages, lasers, shadow line lights, carbon trim, drive recorder and individual paint.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 12:51 PM   #46
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Sounds like it’s a PITA from some of the other threads.
It really, REALLY isn't.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 01:00 PM   #47
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I’ve been scouring the forums to not create too much redundancy in this thread, but really torn btwn KO extended and silverstone

Wouldn’t get the full KO to avoid the orange door cards. IMO the KO looks better with black door cards.

Silverstone does look better on IOMG vs KO (to me), but this will be daily driven and not sure about how tough it is to keep the silverstone clean. Sounds like it’s a PITA from some of the other threads.
Tartufo is better then KO on IOMG. I got full Tartufo it looks awesome. Silverstononis a great option too but I didn’t get it for the same reason.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 01:18 PM   #48
BryanCO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 997.1 GT3 G80 Manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
Tartufo is better then KO on IOMG. I got full Tartufo it looks awesome. Silverstononis a great option too but I didn’t get it for the same reason.
OP is deciding between orange and gray and you’re trying to convince him what you like is the right choice.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2024, 02:03 PM   #49
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
OP is deciding between orange and gray and you’re trying to convince him what you like is the right choice.
His original post said “could do Tartufo”. Chill out man.
Appreciate 3
natmad667.00
Lupeskew592.00
wavyyyy1045.50
      01-23-2024, 06:21 PM   #50
road rage richie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV70 ordered M3 Xdriv

Just got my production number today. Build week 8:

2024 M3 Competition xDrive Sedan
Exterior
Brooklyn Grey metallic
19"/20" M Double-spoke Black Wheels, Style 826M with Performance Non Run-flat Tires

Interior
Fiona Red/Black Extended Merino Leather
Carbon Fiber trim
Options
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Executive Package
Parking Assistance Package
M Compound Brakes with Red Calipers
Drive Recorder
Front ventilated seats
Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight
M Shadowline Lights

I am going back and forth on CF Exterior and Full Leather.

Looks cool. Really, really cool & I am a visual person. Aesthetics is how I make my living.

On the other hand it adds little tangible value down the road in my estimation. And the opportunity cost is very high. Still I want them both - emotionally I am there intellectually I am not.

Would have loved that 2 series purple color - Thundernight.

Its agonizing the choices. Buy the ticket take the ride.

2 idiots got in a fender bender on the LIE a few weeks ago. They sat in the middle lane and it took me about 90 mins to go 3 miles. Drivers Assistance is a must. Parking assist with all cameras as well. HUD, remote start, heated wheel is almost 1/3 of the cost of CFE. Crazy.

I am too broad for CF buckets and I sweat in winter need the ventilated seats.

No idea about the M drivers pro - does the traction control have a practical application on the road? I have never had a "nice" or fast car before. Grew up in NYC did not get my license until I was almost 30. No car culture. Love driving in Europe - always rent cool cars - speeding with impunity. Years ago I was on the A62 driving from Bordeaux to Marseille on Sunday - empty road & kind of winding & so fun was doing 265kmh in this Citreon (Was supposed to get MB 500) and this guy in a 911 BLOWS by me had to be doing 320 at least - scared my to death. Speeding ticket? Who cares pay the fine move on. With the digi displays I set car to MPH - I WAS doing 130......oops.

Cant wait for spring. Cant look back - stick with the build.
Appreciate 1
DB_Cooper599.50
      01-23-2024, 07:36 PM   #51
BryanCO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 997.1 GT3 G80 Manuals

Quote:
So, I’m about to order a G80.

Definite options: : IOMG, MT, slick top

Interior: leaning toward silverstone, could do tartufo. Orange might be too much.
Any downside to silverstone? Easy to keep clean? Black is an option.

Wheels: not sure about 18/19 or 19/20. Thoughts?

Are laser lights worth it?

Opinion on: exec pack, 360 camera, drive recorder, Not sure if I need exec pack, don’t care about auto trunk lid. Is sensatech dash worth it?

For those that have had their cars for a bit, any changes you’d make in hindsight?

Thanks
Quote:
I got IOMG with full leather Tartufo. It’s awesome.
Quote:
I’ve been scouring the forums to not create too much redundancy in this thread, but really torn btwn KO extended and silverstone

Silverstone does look better on IOMG vs KO (to me), but this will be daily driven and not sure about how tough it is to keep the silverstone clean. Sounds like it’s a PITA from some of the other threads.
Quote:
Quote:
His original post said “could do Tartufo”. Chill out man.
Sure. Post #1…and your post #3… I’m missing where the OP is still considering brown.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 07:45 PM   #52
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:

You can go individual and ask for black leather doorcards for more money. But whatever you do, do not skip full leather (vs. the lesser “extended”).

Both silverstone and KO can be harder to maintain if you habitually wear blue-dyed jeans. There are ways to make it manageable but requires regular maintenance. And even with maintenance it won’t be 100% like new in a couple of years.
      01-24-2024, 08:13 AM   #53
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
Quote:

It’s a PITA. Biggest regret is interior color for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 08:30 AM   #54
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavyyyy View Post
It’s a PITA. Biggest regret is interior color for me.
What have you done to protect it and what is your cleaning regimen?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 08:32 AM   #55
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
What have you done to protect it and what is your cleaning regimen?
Gyeon Leather Shield was applied and I use ColourLock Mild Cleaner once a month. It just shows stains so easily.
Appreciate 1
Needsdecaf6599.00
      01-24-2024, 09:02 AM   #56
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Gyeon Leather Shield was applied and I use ColourLock Mild Cleaner once a month. It just shows stains so easily.
Good products. Sorry you're having an issue, so far so good with my Ivory. I've also had similar colors to Silverstone in the past (including Chalk on my wife's current Cayenne) and after a year it looks new.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 09:07 AM   #57
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Good products. Sorry you're having an issue, so far so good with my Ivory. I've also had similar colors to Silverstone in the past (including Chalk on my wife's current Cayenne) and after a year it looks new.
Still looks new! Besides my drivers seat which is a bucket so makes sense. The rest of the interior is perfection. I just hate maintaining it lol.
Appreciate 1
Needsdecaf6599.00
      01-24-2024, 10:37 AM   #58
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Still looks new! Besides my drivers seat which is a bucket so makes sense. The rest of the interior is perfection. I just hate maintaining it lol.
Yeah bucket is really tough because in addition to just dirt you're naturally going to abrade the hell out of it trying to get in and out. Definitely a consideration.
Appreciate 1
wavyyyy1045.50
      01-24-2024, 01:29 PM   #59
ano0oj
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 AWD, '23 Macan S

go fully loaded...no ragrets
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 10:28 AM   #60
FirstBMWLA
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Little confused. 2024 M3 configurator
If I select full leather Fiona red and then executive package the configurator says it's going to remove the full leather option?
Can you not do both?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 10:31 AM   #61
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstBMWLA View Post
Little confused. 2024 M3 configurator
If I select full leather Fiona red and then executive package the configurator says it's going to remove the full leather option?
Can you not do both?
If you add the Executive pkg it lowers the price for full leather, so you have to remove and add it with the executive pkg.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
jmg18705.00
      01-25-2024, 11:09 AM   #62
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

I didn't get M drivers package since I don't track the car and raising the top speed to 180mph is not relevent to me. I don't use the automatic parking, but I got it because I use the side cameras all the time. I would default to buying any of the tech packages that I thought I might ever use. I got used to the HUD view and I wouldn't want to give it up so I got Executive package. Full vs. Extended, sunroof, trim and Carbon Exterior stuff is cosmetic and personal choice. It's the same for wheel size, but the smaller wheels MIGHT give a slightly softer ride and give some wheel protection if you have a lot of potholes. I live where there is no real winter so potholes are not an issue and I prefer the look of the bigger wheels. I am going through the same process. I have one of the first 2021 models and I will trade it in during the last year of the warranty, so that means a 2025 (LCI). I don't regret any options I bought but next time I will go with full leather and maybe an individual color. I have not decided on Carbon Exterior, I expect this will be the last MT I ever get so I will plan to keep it until they bury me in it.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 02:19 PM   #63
HARSH476
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 & 06 Evo Ix

Lasers are a must, and personally I'm a huge fan of the carbon buckets
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 03:01 PM   #64
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
So, I’m about to order a G80.

Definite options: : IOMG, MT, slick top

Interior: leaning toward silverstone, could do tartufo. Orange might be too much.
Any downside to silverstone? Easy to keep clean? Black is an option.

Wheels: not sure about 18/19 or 19/20. Thoughts?

Are laser lights worth it?

Opinion on: exec pack, 360 camera, drive recorder, Not sure if I need exec pack, don’t care about auto trunk lid. Is sensatech dash worth it?

For those that have had their cars for a bit, any changes you’d make in hindsight?

Thanks
Full leather if you are getting any other color besides black. It just looks so much nicer with the color matched lower dash.

Laser lights are worth it IMHO for the look. The standard headlights are not as nice. M cars need halos, it's the signature look.

Executive Package for the HUD alone is worth it. The remote start and heated wheel are very much loved in cold weather. Remote start cools the car for hot weather too.

M Carbon Exterior Package - CF Mirror Caps, Diffuser, Spoiler, and front Inlets really enhance the look of the car.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 06:38 PM   #65
DB_Cooper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87

Build is almost done. Will prob upset alot of people lol.

Going IOMG
slicktop
MT
Silverstone
Exec pack
18/19 base wheels - don’t care about the risk of rocks scraping up caliper , the base wheels look the best imo.

Shadowline headlights

Really unsure about spec’ing the laser lights. Besides aesthetics of DRL I’m not sure if it’s needed. I’m fine w/ it being a “poverty spec” not trying to impress people at cars & coffee. I’ve yet to find a compelling argument for the lasers besides that the DRLs look cool, maybe resale value of a few hundred $.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 06:44 PM   #66
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Slicktop was an E46 thing. G80 is either CF or sunroof.
Appreciate 0