BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-08-2021, 01:33 PM   #133
Oejsup
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgexpress View Post
I just called as well, I went to week 45. Bleh.
damn that sucks ,hopefully we get our cars this year
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 02:25 PM   #134
Tdubb88
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future M4C

Could be worse. I was week 29 and have been stuck in quality check since 7/22 with no rhyme or reason
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 02:44 PM   #135
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp AWD IOMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdubb88 View Post
Could be worse. I was week 29 and have been stuck in quality check since 7/22 with no rhyme or reason
There is a rhyme or reason according to a Genius guy I talked to who’s been working there for 7+ years. He said normally you fly by Quality Check in a few days, a week at most. If it’s been stuck there longer than a week he said it’s guaranteed that it’s due to a part shortage. He said they’re trying to streamline the process more so that there no more stop sales at the port and everything is done at the factory which could explain why everything is so slow right now in the entire assembly process from 112 all the way up through whatever status code Quality Check is. It seems like the delays are now happening in the manufacturing pipeline instead of through a stop sale at the port. Hopefully what this means is that as soon as all these newer cars finally do get shipped out they’re 100% assembled.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 03:01 PM   #136
Tdubb88
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdubb88 View Post
There is a rhyme or reason according to a Genius guy I talked to who's been working there for 7+ years. He said normally you fly by Quality Check in a few days, a week at most. If it's been stuck there longer than a week he said it's guaranteed that it's due to a part shortage. He said they're trying to streamline the process more so that there no more stop sales at the port and everything is done at the factory which could explain why everything is so slow right now in the entire assembly process from 112 all the way up through whatever status code Quality Check is. It seems like the delays are now happening in the manufacturing pipeline instead of through a stop sale at the port. Hopefully what this means is that as soon as all these newer cars finally do get shipped out they're 100% assembled.
yes, there are part delays. I get it and truly hope that's the case with the streamlined process and it being 100% done when it's done. However, I am still struggling with the concept as to why others, with builds either similar to mine or with more packages / options, have seemed to move out of the assembly line and on to ships. That's what I mean by no rhyme or reason… appreciate this info though. I think I read something regarding a new system bmw was putting into place at their plants regarding this. I think it was called Dassault Systems or something like that
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 05:56 PM   #137
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
I called the genius line again today, and they are insistent that production is scheduled for week 37 (described as Friday, Sept 10 to Friday, Sept 17 - which is slightly off by a weekend but whatever). The website still says order received.

They say production will start next week and run for 2-3 weeks. And I can call again at the end of next week to get a better status.
      09-08-2021, 06:37 PM   #138
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
I called the genius line again today, and they are insistent that production is scheduled for week 37 (described as Friday, Sept 10 to Friday, Sept 17 - which is slightly off by a weekend but whatever). The website still says order received.

They say production will start next week and run for 2-3 weeks. And I can call again at the end of next week to get a better status.
How cool would it be if they were right. However I was weak 36 and then week 37 and now my genius showed me a screenshot of my build order and it NOW says week 42. Also my status changed from production schedule to order received on Monday. I just don’t see how your people can be right. Although I hope they are.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 08:21 PM   #139
JDR_G80
IG jerseydentrepair IG dravitgrey_g80c
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80c

I was booted out of week 36 and am now part of week 37. Just checked and my exterior body assembly has begun!

As for all these chip issues, I did not add any tech options. 1 I don't care for anymore technology and 2 I was thinking it would cut delays (I have nightmares of built m3's sitting in a parking waiting for chips lot like the Ford trucks). It's been slow like everyone else tho.
Appreciate 2
kjx3197.00
      09-08-2021, 09:37 PM   #140
RNemesisN63
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit M850

Garage List
2019 540i  [0.00]
2013 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
How cool would it be if they were right. However I was weak 36 and then week 37 and now my genius showed me a screenshot of my build order and it NOW says week 42. Also my status changed from production schedule to order received on Monday. I just don’t see how your people can be right. Although I hope they are.
This. Seems a lot of us are waiting across the board. I know forums are a small population of owners but still, sucks that each series is experiencing a delay. I jumped from the G80 to the G16 because didn't want to wait and now here I am waiting. Pushed from week 35 to 39 and at this rate would be surprised if its week 4X.

Here's to everyone receiving delivery on time.
      09-08-2021, 10:00 PM   #141
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So it’s possible that because it’s an individual color, its schedule may be a bit firmer at this point. Previously unknown to me, this was a week 31 allocation - according to one of the BMW NA geniuses I called. Between having already “slipped” 6 weeks, and being an order that goes through a bit more “explicit” scheduling, optimistically, it may stick.

That’s just me trying to explain what’s transpiring. I don’t actually believe it’s going to happen next week. What’s the difference between nearly 4 months and 4.5-5 more months to when I see the car - it’s all quite far off. Assuming 3 months to west coast and 2-3 weeks of production time, and a week to start of production in the best case.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 03:37 AM   #142
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
So it’s possible that because it’s an individual color, its schedule may be a bit firmer at this point. Previously unknown to me, this was a week 31 allocation - according to one of the BMW NA geniuses I called. Between having already “slipped” 6 weeks, and being an order that goes through a bit more “explicit” scheduling, optimistically, it may stick.

That’s just me trying to explain what’s transpiring. I don’t actually believe it’s going to happen next week. What’s the difference between nearly 4 months and 4.5-5 more months to when I see the car - it’s all quite far off. Assuming 3 months to west coast and 2-3 weeks of production time, and a week to start of production in the best case.
Now what you’re saying makes sense. Since you have an individual color you can’t compare your car to everyone else’s. So maybe they did send your vehicle over to the special paint booth and then put it into the production line. With an individual color I definitely wouldn’t go by what everybody else is saying with their vehicles and compare it to you. I would be optimistic if I were you. Sounds like you’re almost done.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 07:46 AM   #143
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Now what you’re saying makes sense. Since you have an individual color you can’t compare your car to everyone else’s. So maybe they did send your vehicle over to the special paint booth and then put it into the production line. With an individual color I definitely wouldn’t go by what everybody else is saying with their vehicles and compare it to you. I would be optimistic if I were you. Sounds like you’re almost done.
The tracking site switched to ‘scheduled for production’ again this morning so something’s happening. Since it’s been less than 12 hours since I spoke with the genius, who’d said it was scheduled for production in her system, this may actually be it..

Did anyone else switch?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 08:05 AM   #144
Oejsup
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 comp

Quote:
The tracking site switched to ‘scheduled for production’ again this morning so something’s happening. Since it’s been less than 12 hours since I spoke with the genius, who’d said it was scheduled for production in her system, this may actually be it..

Did anyone else switch?
When did you order your car. I was week 37 since August 4th. Now im week 43
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 08:17 AM   #145
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oejsup View Post
When did you order your car. I was week 37 since August 4th. Now im week 43
Ordered early July. Got the allocation on July 23rd. It’s an individual order as noted. More details including spec are in the very first post of this week 37 thread.
Appreciate 1
Oejsup97.50
      09-09-2021, 10:18 AM   #146
ano0oj
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 AWD, '23 Macan S

Got delayed to week 43 now, which will probably put me at the end of December delivery. Going to start looking for good deals on the M5 now..
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2021, 10:26 AM   #147
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Called again and genius lady was like “looks like it’s scheduled to be completed on… oh wait hold on that doesn’t jive it’s already the end of week 37” 🤣

So yea it still says Week 37 and still 112. If I get delayed to week 40 or above I might just try and fight for my deposit back at this point and just pick up some other comparable car. I mean there’s people moving up to week 43 now. I want this car but I’m not waiting half a year or longer for it.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #148
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Did anyone else switch?
I wouldn’t look too much into that tracker.

I originally secured an allocation near the end of July and went into scheduled for production on August 2nd with a week 36 build. It went back to order received and then back into scheduled for production on the same day on September 1st with a week 37 build and I’m still in scheduled for production. I have no doubt I’ll be bumped up to at least week 38 if not more. Man I hope some of y’all here start having better luck to give the rest of us hope but it looks like everyone is getting bumped around. I just don’t understand how the fuck these delays are that bad. Why would you release allocations if it meant potentially delaying orders by 3+ months ffs.
Appreciate 1
kjx3197.00
      09-09-2021, 11:07 AM   #149
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:

I originally secured an allocation near the end of July and went into scheduled for production on August 2nd with a week 36 build. It went back to order received and then back into scheduled for production on the same day on September 1st with a week 37 build and I’m still in scheduled for production. I have no doubt I’ll be bumped up to at least week 38 if not more. Man I hope some of y’all here start having better luck to give the rest of us hope but it looks like everyone is getting bumped around. I just don’t understand how the fuck these delays are that bad. Why would you release allocations if it meant potentially delaying orders by 3+ months ffs.
Because the delivery of parts they were expecting didn’t arrive. There was an issue several steps earlier in the supply chain (A connector vendor had a production delay to Bosch who makes the headlights as a made up example) had an issue. The port in China temporarily shut down due to Covid and now there are 4 weeks worth of cargo ships waiting to dock. Etc, etc.

I get your frustration, and I share some of it, but the issues are global and very much impacting almost every company right now.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      09-09-2021, 05:34 PM   #150
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
Because the delivery of parts they were expecting didn’t arrive. There was an issue several steps earlier in the supply chain (A connector vendor had a production delay to Bosch who makes the headlights as a made up example) had an issue. The port in China temporarily shut down due to Covid and now there are 4 weeks worth of cargo ships waiting to dock. Etc, etc.

I get your frustration, and I share some of it, but the issues are global and very much impacting almost every company right now.
Yea it’s true, the situation is very screwy right now and I’m trying to be cognizant of that. It’s just salt on the wound in this case because I had a 2021 M3 that was delivered on time, no hiccups along the process at all from start to finish and then was totaled a week after I took delivery (other driver wasn’t paying attention and swerved into me). So it just sucks how much of a nightmare the process has been this time around. I avoided all these issues just in time (took delivery of my original car early June) only to have to go through them now and wait even longer. The only saving grace here is that I'm getting the xDrive version now.

I ordered the original one early March and had it for a week in early June, and this one might not get here till November - December so it really feels like I’ve been waiting almost 8 months.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2021, 06:16 PM   #151
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ano0oj View Post
Got delayed to week 43 now, which will probably put me at the end of December delivery. Going to start looking for good deals on the M5 now..

there are no "good deals" right now...

good deal these days is msrp.
Appreciate 1
JDR_G80212.00
      09-09-2021, 09:05 PM   #152
monagram
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible

Quote:

Did anyone else switch?
I switched back tonight as well.
Appreciate 1
kjx3197.00
      09-10-2021, 04:22 AM   #153
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by monagram View Post
I switched back tonight as well.
Same here, back to 112 - scheduled for production
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 10:24 AM   #154
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

My car switched to ‘production begins’ overnight and I have received a VIN. My second ‘scheduled for production’ step lasted only a day. The first time it was in that step, before going back to order received, it was there for quite a bit.

Hopefully other cars including yours have switched or are getting to this stage soon.

Also, the last Genius I talked to may have been correct - the production week may actually be Friday to Friday and starts 3 days prior to the start of the calendar week.

Last edited by kjx; 09-10-2021 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 1