BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

04-01-2022, 02:58 PM   #133
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOSS M View Post
Production week is the week the car is expected to FINISH production.. hence the week of "Production"

10-14 days prior you should receive your VIN
Not sure, if Week 15'ers got their VIN and will probably begin production next week, that means they START production Week 14. I think once you have your VIN they have an end date, probably Week 15. My buddy who took delivery of his 22 M3 just confirmed he was a Week 2 build and he received his VIN that week which lined up with what Genius said. However, once he went into production he was given a completion date which was in Week 3. I think that's where the misunderstanding comes from. I'll update you guys if I get bumped, or if I get my VIN Week 15 which would confirm this. So not sure what to believe at this point..Genius also doesn't help b/c they're pretty clueless lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 05:06 AM   #134
FLOSS M
///M3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
Late to the party here (been busy with work), but I got bumped as well. Back to 111 on Monday, and found out by email from Genius that I am now week 19.

This is the 2nd time I have been bumped - I have gone week 8 > 16 > 15 > 19. I ordered a G80 6 MT with lot of options, but no buckets or CCBs. I did change my build once after I got bumped the first time - back in late February I added the carbon exterior package.

I can't really see any patterns in all of this. Seems almost completely random. I got my allocation back in December and was told "late March, early April delivery". (Ha - car will be a month from starting production at that point, which is now!). I am fully aware some have had it much worse than me, whereas some seem to breeze right through. Haven't some March allocations hit 150? It just doesn't make sense.

One thing is for sure though - it sucks a lot of the fun out of the process. Thankfully, I don't need the car now, and I don't have to worry about interest rates or money factors, but I fully understand why people get frustrated and go in a different direction.

Good luck to all of you week 15 folks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
Late to the party here (been busy with work), but I got bumped as well. Back to 111 on Monday, and found out by email from Genius that I am now week 19.

This is the 2nd time I have been bumped - I have gone week 8 > 16 > 15 > 19. I ordered a G80 6 MT with lot of options, but no buckets or CCBs. I did change my build once after I got bumped the first time - back in late February I added the carbon exterior package.

I can't really see any patterns in all of this. Seems almost completely random. I got my allocation back in December and was told "late March, early April delivery". (Ha - car will be a month from starting production at that point, which is now!). I am fully aware some have had it much worse than me, whereas some seem to breeze right through. Haven't some March allocations hit 150? It just doesn't make sense.

One thing is for sure though - it sucks a lot of the fun out of the process. Thankfully, I don't need the car now, and I don't have to worry about interest rates or money factors, but I fully understand why people get frustrated and go in a different direction.

Good luck to all of you week 15 folks!
Welcome to the club … there are people who get very lucky and all goes through smoothly. Unfortunately, that seems to be the exception not the rule. I placed and order on 9/4 with an allocation - no individual options M3 xdrive… car is still at the port in Germany and I'm hoping to get on the ship that arrives this week.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 06:02 AM   #135
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by syr_m4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM4CX View Post
Lol I promise you it's the week of completion! For some reason, we're not really supposed to know that little piece of info about the build weeks, so they just tell you that your build is starting on your build week.
I believe you, considering everyone was given the same date and entered this thread it makes sense to me. The way I see it is if by Monday I don't have a VIN, I'll call and ask and if I got bumped then there's the answer. If I'm still "week 15" and wind up getting my VIN during week 15, then maybe Genius had a point. But from what I'm seeing, it's looking like it's week of completion.
I was told my production is supposed to begin April 4 (but was told by Genius that I'm "week 14"). So as some have said on here…..I should already have a VIN by now? Sorry for the repeat question….but, do I actually have to call Genius to get my VIN? I've already been tracking my build as "scheduled for production" (status 112) on the desktop version of My BMW because I was able to enter my production # several weeks back. How do I now get my VIN?
Appreciate 1
g80_zayd313.00
      04-03-2022, 06:29 AM   #136
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Lol I promise you it's the week of completion! For some reason, we're not really supposed to know that little piece of info about the build weeks, so they just tell you that your build is starting on your build week.
I believe you, considering everyone was given the same date and entered this thread it makes sense to me. The way I see it is if by Monday I don't have a VIN, I'll call and ask and if I got bumped then there's the answer. If I'm still "week 15" and wind up getting my VIN during week 15, then maybe Genius had a point. But from what I'm seeing, it's looking like it's week of completion.
I was told my production is supposed to begin April 4 (but was told by Genius that I'm "week 14"). So as some have said on here…..I should already have a VIN by now? Sorry for the repeat question….but, do I actually have to call Genius to get my VIN? I've already been tracking my build as "scheduled for production" (status 112) on the desktop version of My BMW because I was able to enter my production # several weeks back. How do I now get my VIN?
That means your car won't start production until that week. You won't have a VIN until the week of April 4th. I honestly don't know who people are talking to saying production week is completion week. You're week 14 so your build will begin that week. Unless everyone goes by completion week, which would mean you're probably week 15 or 16 in that sense. But the way I'm sticking with is production week is the start week, that's what Genius told me and that's what my buddy who ordered his and took delivery said. They said he was build week X, his car started production that same week.
Appreciate 1
The Nerd429.00
      04-03-2022, 07:10 AM   #137
The Nerd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That means your car won't start production until that week. You won't have a VIN until the week of April 4th. I honestly don't know who people are talking to saying production week is completion week. You're week 14 so your build will begin that week. Unless everyone goes by completion week, which would mean you're probably week 15 or 16 in that sense. But the way I'm sticking with is production week is the start week, that's what Genius told me and that's what my buddy who ordered his and took delivery said. They said he was build week X, his car started production that same week.
So how do I actually get the VIN (when it becomes available)? Do I have to call Genius? Or, do sign in to My BMW to get it?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 07:35 AM   #138
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
So how do I actually get the VIN (when it becomes available)? Do I have to call Genius? Or, do sign in to My BMW to get it?
When its available, it will show up in your BMW online garage.
Appreciate 1
The Nerd429.00
      04-03-2022, 08:16 AM   #139
The Nerd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Quote:
When its available, it will show up in your BMW online garage.
Then I must not be week 14 or 15 then….because, if VINs come out a week or two ahead of time (and I'm week 14 as told by Genius several weeks ago), I would have a VIN. When I go into My BMW and then into My Garage…..I see the same picture of my car ("scheduled for production") that I've seen for several weeks. My VIN would just pop up on the screen if I had one?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 08:24 AM   #140
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
When I go into My BMW and then into My Garage…..I see the same picture of my car ("scheduled for production") that I've seen for several weeks. My VIN would just pop up on the screen if I had one?
Yes, your production number will be replaced by the VIN.
Appreciate 1
The Nerd429.00
      04-04-2022, 09:14 AM   #141
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Toyota Prius

After starting week 16 then back to 15 then back to 16 again.. I am back again to week 15 after confirming with Genius just now lol

Originally spec was a dealer order for week 20, when switched to my barebones spec it has been 16>15>16>15
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 09:17 AM   #142
OC_M3CX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50shadesofhockenheim View Post
After starting week 16 then back to 15 then back to 16 again.. I am back again to week 15 after confirming with Genius just now lol

Originally spec was a dealer order for week 20, when switched to my barebones spec it has been 16>15>16>15
Did you get your VIN?
      04-04-2022, 09:20 AM   #143
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC_M3CX View Post
Did you get your VIN?
I did not. I asked Genius and the lady said you will usually get it the day of or day before. Then they will also have an estimated production completed week. These "week" threads we are in prior to getting a VIN number are the start dates is what I learned.
Appreciate 2
g80_zayd313.00
j0e612128.50
      04-04-2022, 09:23 AM   #144
OC_M3CX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50shadesofhockenheim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC_M3CX View Post
Did you get your VIN?
I did not. I asked Genius and the lady said you will usually get it the day of or day before. Then they will also have an estimated production completed week. These "week" threads we are in prior to getting a VIN number are the start dates is what I learned.
I'm hearing the same thing from my SA and from Genius, that VINs for week 15 will be assigned early next week. As you said most folks here disagree with that. At least in my case the messaging has been consistent, now let's see if we do get a VIN next week or if we're bumped again.
      04-04-2022, 01:33 PM   #145
The Nerd
Major
Rep

I just spoke with Genius as well, and she confirmed we will not get VINs until production has started. I'm week 15 as well, and she said mine should start literally any time.
Appreciate 1
DavidXJ664.50
      04-04-2022, 04:04 PM   #146
shawndean22
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 (on order)

I received VIN 03/29. I was told I was week 15.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 04:24 PM   #147
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndean22 View Post
I received VIN 03/29. I was told I was week 15.
Did your car start production yet? If so, you're probably week 15 completion, not start.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 02:35 AM   #148
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
I just spoke with Genius as well, and she confirmed we will not get VINs until production has started. I'm week 15 as well, and she said mine should start literally any time.
I think I'm in your situation too. I was scheduled for week 18 last time I called genius (a result of having been pushed back a fortnight after the factory idling time) but now having called yesterday they tell it has been brought back to 15: which is this week, right? Still no VIN available yet, so am assuming that's triggered when production *actually* begins. I'll have to keep calling for updates (since here in the UK we don't have the benefit of the online MyGarage tracker).

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 02:39 AM   #149
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
Quote:
I think I'm in your situation too. I was scheduled for week 18 last time I called genius (a result of having been pushed back a fortnight after the factory idling time) but now having called yesterday they tell it has been brought back to 15: which is this week, right? Still no VIN available yet, so am assuming that's triggered when production *actually* begins. I'll have to keep calling for updates (since here in the UK we don't have the benefit of the online MyGarage tracker).
Week 15 is next week mate and just use the Live Chat function on the BMW website - normally easier than calling 👍🏻
Appreciate 2
DavidXJ664.50
      04-05-2022, 11:25 AM   #150
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW

I still can't believe it but earlier today, after 316 days since ordering, I flipped to status 150.
g80_zayd313.00
Mac Daddy340.00
EricVR4603.50
Bimmer5452.00
BA///MA97.50
      04-05-2022, 12:53 PM   #151
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
Quote:
Week 15 is next week mate and just use the Live Chat function on the BMW website - normally easier than calling 👍🏻
Yes, thanks for the correction. The Genius chap yesterday evidently had the wrong calendar in front of him; today I was confirmed as starting production next week. Glad the online chat box works for Macs/Safari too on the landing page of BMW uk, as the pop up box on the Genius page itself has been resistant... Anyway, very much excited now about the prospect of an early May arrival!

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 01:14 PM   #152
BrooklynGreyM3
///MFlight Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3CX G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loma View Post
I still can't believe it but earlier today, after 316 days since ordering, I flipped to status 150.
Congratulations buddy!
Follow Me on IG: BrooklynGreyM3
Appreciate 1
Loma398.00
      04-05-2022, 01:48 PM   #153
The Nerd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Congrats!! I feel your pain. So a few questions since you represent another data point in this whole puzzle:

1) When specifically did you get your VIN?

2) Were you told you were week 15? And if so, was it explained to you that production begins or ends in week 15?
Appreciate 1
Loma398.00
      04-05-2022, 02:01 PM   #154
x5DZL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 M3Cx,'22 X7 M50i , '20 X5,

Quote:
Congratulations!!!!

I can feel the frustration as I am at day 243 since order. Currently scheduled for week 17. Hopefully soon........
Appreciate 1
Loma398.00