BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

02-29-2024, 04:49 PM   #155
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
I guess I need to read more about Anti dazzle as I keep hearing the term and see what needs to be changed in BimmerCode to get 95% “there” but still not sure where “there” is 😂 I’ll do some Googling but since I typically don’t drive at night not sure I will get any use out of it, whatever “it” is. 😉
All the magic must be in that last 5% because I've coded it with BimmerCode and still don't get what everyone's excited about.

The high-beams do a little dance every now and then rather than simply turning on/off. Woop-de-doo.
Appreciate 1
      02-29-2024, 05:15 PM   #156
PipeM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IS 500, 2024 M3 comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
All the magic must be in that last 5% because I've coded it with BimmerCode and still don't get what everyone's excited about.

The high-beams do a little dance every now and then rather than simply turning on/off. Woop-de-doo.
I feel the same!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 06:42 PM   #157
Th3DarkSide
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Quote:

Haha. I had it on one of my F82s and really didn’t care or use it. Seems like more of hassle then anything to code it.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 08:29 PM   #158
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

How about if kubax86 does the coding. Is that different from what can be done with BimmerCode ?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 10:00 PM   #159
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
The main difference I've found between the non-VO coding (just using Bimmercode) and VO coding (with Esys) is that the lights seem to have more "positions" they can adjust to keep the brights on for more situations to not dazzle other traffic.

With the Bimmercode-only, it'll basically only turn on or off lights based on where cars are without allowing the lights to move, whereas the full VO coding can allow the lights to shift slightly to allow the brights to stay on longer and in more situations.

As for the usefulness, I've already have it save me from more easily spotting some deer trying to run across the road, so I'd say that people don't really understand the use until it actually helps them with seeing something more easily.

Highly recommended.
Appreciate 3
kgelfen3602215.50
Needsdecaf6599.00
M4Tejas788.00
      03-01-2024, 09:23 AM   #160
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:

After having the coding done by kubax86 my high beams do a LOT more than a "little dance every now and then". They are on almost constantly, even behind cars WITH oncoming cars. Even in a well lit suburban environment, they are focusing on lighting up signs, illuminating well off the shoulder area which is useful for finding the deer I have in my area, etc. In a more rural environment I can't imagine how useful they would be. So yeah, that "extra 5%" is a lot more than 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
The main difference I've found between the non-VO coding (just using Bimmercode) and VO coding (with Esys) is that the lights seem to have more "positions" they can adjust to keep the brights on for more situations to not dazzle other traffic.

With the Bimmercode-only, it'll basically only turn on or off lights based on where cars are without allowing the lights to move, whereas the full VO coding can allow the lights to shift slightly to allow the brights to stay on longer and in more situations.

As for the usefulness, I've already have it save me from more easily spotting some deer trying to run across the road, so I'd say that people don't really understand the use until it actually helps them with seeing something more easily.

Highly recommended.
Agreed. I see all kinds of movement in the lights. i was kind of blase about it and just "did it to do it" because I 1. have the lasers and 2. was having him do the CS coding anyway. I'm blown away by the difference.
Appreciate 3
tatarwj378.00
kgelfen3602215.50
M4Tejas788.00
      03-01-2024, 12:57 PM   #161
Skyscraper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Why don't we all just drive around with our high beams on like everyone else. It seem that's what 50% of the cars on the road do now a days.
Especially lifted trucks that never have their headlights readjusted after.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2024, 01:19 PM   #162
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper View Post
Why don't we all just drive around with our high beams on like everyone else. It seem that's what 50% of the cars on the road do now a days.
At least with those people I can flash them and some get the hint. With antidazzle, it’s annoying no matter what. I’m seeing more and more of them around and like it or not, they do blind oncoming drivers looking way ahead. That camera isn’t good enough to catch everything and adjust around it. With some small trees and such in the median, oncoming BMWs don’t adjust quickly enough for my liking. Personally, I’ve not even liked the auto high beams. If you need highs, flip the stalk, if not then you don’t need them. I think I use my highs to flash people more than I do to see at night and I drive where there isn’t a lot of street lighting. Get plenty of light from hid low beams and side coverage from led fogs. 🤷*♂️
Appreciate 1
Skyscraper2196.00
      03-01-2024, 06:43 PM   #163
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thanks for feedback at Needsdecaf and Berzerker I will probably get it coded after next OTA update.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2024, 09:21 PM   #164
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
At least with those people I can flash them and some get the hint. With antidazzle, it’s annoying no matter what. I’m seeing more and more of them around and like it or not, they do blind oncoming drivers looking way ahead. That camera isn’t good enough to catch everything and adjust around it. With some small trees and such in the median, oncoming BMWs don’t adjust quickly enough for my liking. Personally, I’ve not even liked the auto high beams. If you need highs, flip the stalk, if not then you don’t need them. I think I use my highs to flash people more than I do to see at night and I drive where there isn’t a lot of street lighting. Get plenty of light from hid low beams and side coverage from led fogs. 🤷*♂️
Where are you seeing a bunch of oncoming BMW’s with antidazzle lights? Are you outside the US?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2024, 11:16 PM   #165
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
What's the consensus on the anti dazzle coding. Are we still seeing issues where the lenses were burning and laser lights wearing out faster after having this coded on?
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602215.50
      03-04-2024, 05:05 PM   #166
Hyura
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Updated iDrive 7 today with OTA update, to 11/2023. Was looking to re-code antidazzle but noticed that alot of options under BDC that was previously disabled is now enabled..... maybe BMW is transitioning US cars to have anti-dazzle?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 06:38 PM   #167
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyura View Post
Updated iDrive 7 today with OTA update, to 11/2023. Was looking to re-code antidazzle but noticed that alot of options under BDC that was previously disabled is now enabled..... maybe BMW is transitioning US cars to have anti-dazzle?
Probably has to do with the VO coding that was done. The "more involved" coding a paid service will do involves changing the "equipment features" of the car, which requires you to recode the modules affected with the new equipment list. That recoding that was done is most likely what enabled those new things to change, not the update.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 11:12 PM   #168
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyura View Post
I got the iDrive 7 OTA today too (11/2023.50). My anti-dazzle coding (which I did myself) following instructions somewhere around here remained!

This is amazing (to me) because when I used to pay people to code, it would always go away with the update.
      03-04-2024, 11:14 PM   #169
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper View Post
Tesla Model 3s and Ys are the worst. The very worst. 8 out of 10 those cars on the road blind you. It's obviously terrible design and quality control from the factory. The clowns driving them are probably amazed by how much they can see with their car's headlights.
Skyscraper2196.00
r33_RGSport12971.00
      03-05-2024, 08:51 AM   #170
r33_RGSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Tesla Model 3s and Ys are the worst. The very worst. 8 out of 10 those cars on the road blind you. It's obviously terrible design and quality control from the factory. The clowns driving them are probably amazed by how much they can see with their car's headlights.
Wow, I thought it was only me.
I wonder why there is no petition or resolution to get them fined or fixed.
It is super annoying, it even blinded me when driving my Gladiator.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 2
kjx3197.00
M4Tejas788.00
      03-05-2024, 05:08 PM   #171
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Toyotas and the newest Hondas as well.
Appreciate 1
kjx3197.00
      03-18-2024, 10:30 PM   #172
G80e
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynGreyM3 View Post
So I had Steve from "Code My Bimmer" code in anti-dazzle for my 2022 X3 M40i (LED Lights) and my 2022 G80 (Laser Lights). It took him about 20 minutes to do each vehicle. I won't advertise his exact fee for this but I can say he charged me less than $100 per vehicle.

I tested it out and it was amazing to see the lights do their magic. I highly recommend Steve. Communication was great the entire time from start to finish to include appointment confirmation via WhatsApp.

Go check him out: https://www.codemybimmer.ca/
How did you get ahold of him?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 07:34 AM   #173
BrooklynGreyM3
///MFlight Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3CX G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80e View Post
How did you get ahold of him?
Emailed and then we did a whatsapp call when it was time to do the coding
Follow Me on IG: BrooklynGreyM3
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 07:54 PM   #174
Kung Fu English
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP MG/SO

Quote:

I did the bimmer code coding and it "worked" but I keep getting flashed from oncomers so I have to suspect the last 5% makes a difference.
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00
      04-21-2024, 12:00 PM   #175
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
After having the coding done by kubax86 my high beams do a LOT more than a "little dance every now and then". They are on almost constantly, even behind cars WITH oncoming cars. Even in a well lit suburban environment, they are focusing on lighting up signs, illuminating well off the shoulder area which is useful for finding the deer I have in my area, etc. In a more rural environment I can't imagine how useful they would be. So yeah, that "extra 5%" is a lot more than 5%

Agreed. I see all kinds of movement in the lights. i was kind of blase about it and just "did it to do it" because I 1. have the lasers and 2. was having him do the CS coding anyway. I'm blown away by the difference.
thanks for your kind review of my work
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3640.50