kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brpnw17 View Post
I’ll check it out! Thank you. I’m hoping for a prod number next week and my CA said I should have it by mid October at latest. Not sure where that leaves me as far as a build week. I put in my order in early July as well so hoping to get a prod number anytime now. Congrats on the car! What individual color did you choose kjx ?
The color is Enzian blue, the same as snareman on this forum.

Pulling off memory so dates are approximate:
July 6 - put in an order, waiting for an allocation
July 23 - obtained an allocation (and corresponding production number). I then put the production number into the mybmw site with my other cars and I can track its status and progress there. Calling up the BMW Genius phone number gave me the exact build week scheduled.
Mid-September - build week 37 - it should go through assembly then

If you've not been given a production number yet, and you get one in August, it'll likely be for an October production slot. You'll likely get your car about the same time as me (around Dec) with delays added for my car on the color.

If they're only offering a slot in October, make sure you're talking to all three dealerships in Puget Sound - go with whoever gets you an allocation first. No one is giving any notable discount on the M4 so that shouldn't matter.