kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirobimmer View Post
What do people think about the M Driver's Package? Is it something people are buying? I was looking at BMW's driver's course website and it appears as though the 1 day course by itself costs $1550 which means that it costs an additional $995 to raise your top speed.

Has anyone had a stage 1 tune as of yet? It seems that a stage 1 tune is around $700 from some of the vendors. Does the tune raise the top speed? If so wouldn't it much more sense to simply get the tune?

Thank!

P.S. I have a deposit for an M3 Comp AWD and I'm trying to tie down the specs.
I think of it this way: A person who pays for increasing the speed limit is likely to utilize that on the track (in the US). The increased wear on the car probably has a non-zero increase in potential warranty claims on such cars. The pricing accounts for that (otherwise what cost is there really to ship a software switch). The school part is to create more value for money while obfuscating the "insurance cost" of the option.

If you go with a tune, BMW doesn't have to honor the drivetrain warranty (if attributable to the tune). You're saving some small amount of money but carrying a larger risk yourself. Someone who is able to stomach such a risk isn't likely to be looking to save the few hundred dollars on the front end - hence if I were actually interested in the increased speed, I'd get it from BMW themselves.

I didn't get the package. I would 100% get it if I were in Germany as I've topped out to the 155 mph limiter on my last BMW there.
Rosco P225.00