kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylingy View Post
After dropping it off Monday, the shop owner called early yesterday to reschedule the work. He's the only one there who didn't test positive for coronavirus upon returning from the holidays. So it goes back for PPF in 2 weeks. So same as you, drive as little as possible, cautiously, till then. (I have in hand Dr Colorchip touch-up paint, just in case.)
Please, please do not drive the car. My last car only got PPF 3 years into its life after experiencing a lot of stone chips. I filled in many of those spots well enough but you'd see the outlines show up lightly under PPF.

If you'd be bothered by that for the rest of the ownership of the car, don't drive it. Or be prepared to have it professionally fixed (sanded, painted and clear-coated) and then wait 30 days for paint cure before PPF.