kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Well talking about the autobahn if it's really so dangerous why is it legal? I always thought German drivers were pretty good and that's why they let you guys do that. I can tell you straight up Florida drivers are a bunch of morons and if we had unlimited speed limits half the state would die in two weeks. If people would just follow the basic rules of driving then we could have unlimited speed limits like in Germany. But getting back to my point if you are right why don't you guys make it illegal?
I've driven on the autobahn up to 155 mph for extended periods. Rules are very important there and people follow them religiously. People never camp in the passing lane - they give way asap. They never overtake on the right. They never pull into the passing lane if someone is coming by at a much higher rate of speed.

I only saw one accident over 2000 miles, and it wasn't serious. Road maintenance is taken extremely seriously.

This works in Germany where people have discipline on the road. There are enough people who should have never even been issued licenses in the US that this kind of system may never work.

The fatality rate on the autobahn per billion km driven is much lower than than the fatality rate per the same distance in the US.
JMU_BMW152.50
PWB152.00