kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD1960 View Post
For about $10K more than a nicely optioned M2, I could get an M4 Competition with better color options, an additional 50 hp, equal or better road performance, and a front grill that's even less desirable than the M2's…

Am I overstating the new M2's shortcoming? Are the owners of the redesigned M4 happy with the car? Any input would be appreciated.
I'd never consider the M2. And in the M3/M4 class vehicles, the AWD variant is the only way to go (if you don't care about a manual shifter). It's the only way you'll get sub-3s 0-60 and inspired handling in all conditions (dry, wet and snow). It's the only way you have a chance against "higher-end" electric cars.

Having had my car for a year, there is not a doubt in my mind - G8X AWD. Anything less, and you're not saving a few thousand bucks, you're throwing away tens of thousands on a lesser car. IMO.