United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
I run a Valentine 1 Gen 2 from the OBD II port so it can also react differently based on speed readings from the OBD port, and also I don't want to touch any vehicle wiring. All the wiring is concealed easily at trim edges without taking anything off. The detector is mounted on the mirror with a blend mount so it looks all OEM like.

I run a BlackVue front and rear dashcam with power coming from the cig lighter port in the trunk. All the wiring is also similarly concealed. And no vehicle wiring is touched. I will get a inline battery pack soon which I will also tuck away in the trunk for parking mode recording.

It is very important to me that the whole setup had concealed wiring with OEM like outcomes and since I had practice on two prior BMWs, this was a walk in the park. Took 3-4 hours though to tuck wiring into trim.
I'm eventually going Blackvue as well. Can you power the battery pack from the trunk cig lighter as well?
Can you physically do it? Yes. It's cig in and cig out. Are there any power restrictions or other gotchas? No, not that I am aware of. This is my first battery pack.