kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwill1971 View Post
Just picked up my 2022 M4 from the port in Galveston-happy day!
Can you run a dashcam and radar detector from the mirror power point?
What are you running for dashcam or radar detector?
I run a Valentine 1 Gen 2 from the OBD II port so it can also react differently based on speed readings from the OBD port, and also I don't want to touch any vehicle wiring. All the wiring is concealed easily at trim edges without taking anything off. The detector is mounted on the mirror with a blend mount so it looks all OEM like.

I run a BlackVue front and rear dashcam with power coming from the cig lighter port in the trunk. All the wiring is also similarly concealed. And no vehicle wiring is touched. I will get a inline battery pack soon which I will also tuck away in the trunk for parking mode recording.

It is very important to me that the whole setup had concealed wiring with OEM like outcomes and since I had practice on two prior BMWs, this was a walk in the park. Took 3-4 hours though to tuck wiring into trim.