Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corms85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I got an allocation 2 weeks ago for my M4 Comp X-Drive here in socal. Shouldn't be too hard, I simply told my CA I wanted to order one and she got me an allocation that day. I'm a pretty loyal customer though, 2 M cars and 2 non M cars so maybe that had something to do with it?
Did you get a production number? If so you essentially hit the lottery and think it is going to be much harder for 99.99% of others out there.
Nope not yet. Still says it's in the production queue so who know how long it will take! I have a VIN however.
If you have a VIN, you have a production number. And production has actually begun on your car (since VIN come after prod number). Ask you CA for it and add your car to your my BMW garage online to see live tracking of the build. You can also ask for what the scheduled build week is/was.

It sounds like you got an existing order modified to your build before it entered production.