kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmedbeats View Post
To be honest we can argue about different films but for me it came down to the installer. My guy took apart all the trim and door handles etc. I had to even ask if they forgot a panel it is so hard to find the edges in the few areas you can find it. I totally agree the ceramic top coated or infused is worth it if you are already investing in the ppf. Just make sure if it’s not infused it’s a ceramic coating that works with ppf so the healing properties work as advertised.
Installer is everything. An installer that is known to do a great job end to end consistently will be expensive and won’t compromise on the quality of film, or how many times they redo the work until it’s perfect.

Cheaper installers apply precut sheets that show edges that become increasingly obvious as they catch dirt over time. The best ones tuck in the edges out of sight to the point where others don’t even know there is PPF.

I did full body PPF, partially because I have individual paint and partially because that is the only way to prevent swirls and micro scratches on the clear coat as the car ages (hand wash etc is not 100% guarantee of no issues). My partial PPF + ceramic coated X5? The ceramic coated sections (without PPF) aren’t flawless anymore - clear coat will need polishing, and ceramic reapplied.

My full PPF M4? Looks better than it did at delivery at the dealership one year out.