Quote:
Originally Posted by "kjx;28506068"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "AndroidRobot;28504909"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "RugbyBro;28504470"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "AndroidRobot;28503892"
Going to check out a 718 GTS tomorrow, if all goes well I'll likely say goodbye to my M3… only time will tell at this point. I simply want a car that is truly fun to drive again and I haven't felt that well with this one like how my M2 was

Thought about going back to the M2 or maybe a 2CS?
Most likely a Cayman, I can't find an M2 that is CPO and the CS is priced the same as a Cayman GTS

Edit: my 2018 M2 I picked up with 6K miles was a hell of a deal. I paid $38K (I paid cost) and I sold it last year for $50K, I wish I kept the car. Now all of them are $60K+ so I might as well spend the extra and get something more fun.

Right now I'm just waiting to see what people say. The biggest letdown for me is the transmission, and how BMW is handling things

I'm going to suggest something that worked on other models when it felt like the transmission wasn't responsive. It wasn't really the transmission but the engine and how it behaved during the rev drop.

1. Get the Chevron fuel system cleaner and run it through a tank of gas.
2. Pay for an out of cycle oil change (may run up to $200 for an M car). Maybe negotiate it lower with the dealer saying it's because of your dissatisfaction with the shifts.

Once you get the car back after this, always drive it gently in comfort until the temperature gauge shows it is fully warmed up. Run however you want to run after that.

See if it makes a difference. I'm almost sure some of what you're feeling is due to premature engine oil degradation. Do this especially if the car felt fine when it was new.
The car has been like this since I got it so cleaning the engine won't make a difference. I only run top tier fuel (93 ocatne as well) and my car is up to temp when this occurs.

Nothing's changed since I got it back since they didn't do anything to it. I am speaking with a dealer about a Cayman GTS right now and if things work out I'll pick it up this week.

The transmission software or engine software are likely what is causing it. With an update they can address things but I don't foresee that occuring.
Ah that sucks… hope you find what you're after in your next car!
Patton2502939.50