E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Euro Cloth Sport Seats

05-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Exclamation Euro Cloth Sport Seats

Hey Everyone...

My 2006 330i has about 145,000 miles. Holding up very well after all these years, I have no plans to ever sell the car- it will always be in my family.

I have the light gray interior, leather. The driver seat is starting to look kinda rough. The padding is still in great shape, but the cover is getting very worn in spots.

I really don't like leather interior. If I can replace the seat covers (at least the front) with the same color cloth that was avail in the EU, I would be thrilled. Leather is cold in the winter, hot and sweaty in the summer. Plus, cloth would hold me better in the seats on track days.

Any sources? Has anyone attempted such a thing? Does anyone have any resources as to all the versions of cloth that were available? If the cost isn't prohibitive, I will go this direction. If not, I will look into a local upholsterer to redo the seat, possibly with a cloth or alcantera type material in the same color, as long as the alcantera breaths better than typical leather.

I would love some aftermarket seats for the weight loss, but I doubt they would be any where near as comfortable day to day as the standard sport seats.
      05-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

If you want cloth seats, I would just find a local shop that does high end projects, they should be able to get you some nice material and do a good job stitching ect.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
DuckySpud
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Touring

Can you get just cloth sport seats? I'm in the UK and pretty sure they came in Alcantara with cloth centers as standard and leather as an option. No full cloth option.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Look on ebay UK, I know I've seen them for sale on there. Shipping will probably cost a fortune though...

EDIT: It would appear that you're in luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e X-Drive

find some M3 speed cloth seats. I used to have them in my car till i swapped to all black novillo leather

Appreciate 0