E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > HELP finding Accessory wire (push start 1 time) aftermarket radio

05-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
constantin_md
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 X5 sDrive35i

HELP finding Accessory wire (push start 1 time) aftermarket radio

Could anyone tell me where to find a 12v accessory wire (push start 1 time) for the aftermarket radio? I've been searching a few days and everyone is tapping into cigarette or homelink fuse. I did try to tap into that too but the radio shuts off when stopping the car(push start) which i don't like. I did a reading with a multimeter on every fuse but all of them are either 12v constant or "on" position (push start 2 times, brake pedal off)
I took out the instrument cluster but i found it had a constant power and the switching is probably done internally
The only place i found a switched push start 1 time is a wire on oem bluetooth harness in the trunk but it has between 4-11v. Maybe i should use a relay? don't really want or know how to do it.
Should i try to check into emergency button on the dash (light comes on on push start 1 time) or is it the same as instrument cluster switched internally?
please advice

Last edited by constantin_md; 05-05-2014 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

With the right harness you won't have this problem. Mine stays on when you turn off the ignition and stays on for about 15 minutes or until you pull out the key.

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/bmw-1...n-support.html
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
beema_geeza
Rep
Drives: G32 6GT

The cluster would work on the can bus I would of thought. A can bus interface might do what you need and is the easiest way to be honest. It can be done at the rear of the stereo as long as it gets the can information it needs on the green and orange green.
As for the relay on the mulf standard 4 pin relay pin 85 from the wire you mentioned. 86 to ground 87 to live 30 to ignition live on stereo.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #4
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
I had the same issue with my aftermarket HU... There is a thread here that identifies which wire to use as a trigger to turn the unit on as soon as you put the key in ignition (no need to hit start).

Look through the threads I've posted to, it's one of them.
      05-07-2014, 03:41 AM   #5
constantin_md
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
With the right harness you won't have this problem. Mine stays on when you turn off the ignition and stays on for about 15 minutes or until you pull out the key.

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/bmw-1...n-support.html
Sounds like a good option, axxess makes one of those too with chimes but no direct pioneer harness. Cheapest i could find is $75

Quote:
Originally Posted by beema_geeza View Post
The cluster would work on the can bus I would of thought. A can bus interface might do what you need and is the easiest way to be honest. It can be done at the rear of the stereo as long as it gets the can information it needs on the green and orange green.
As for the relay on the mulf standard 4 pin relay pin 85 from the wire you mentioned. 86 to ground 87 to live 30 to ignition live on stereo.
What model of relay i need? could you please point me in the right direction?
i never used one. ebay has cheap ones that are rated 40A 4 prongs. I also heard they require at least 5V trigger, in my case is 4v-11v variable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i View Post
I had the same issue with my aftermarket HU... There is a thread here that identifies which wire to use as a trigger to turn the unit on as soon as you put the key in ignition (no need to hit start).

Look through the threads I've posted to, it's one of them.
I found your post, it mentiones that a relay is required. I'll try tomorrow without one to see how it works.

Also found this by "AMP" member
Pin 4 of the CAS module (under the steering column). It's a Violet .5mm wire.
In splice X8103 (in the passenger footwell under the dash. This one will be hard to find. It's a Violet wire... .5mm
Pin 17 of connector X279 which is located in the "storage compartment" in the floor under the passenger seat. This is a strange 25 pin connector. On the car side it's a Violet .5mm wire and on the seat side of the junction it's a violet/blue .5mm wire.
Pin 2 of connector X10218 which connects to the passenger seat occupancy sensor and is located on the underside of the seat itself. This is also a violet/blue .5mm wire.
Pin 3 of the passenger airbag deactivation light (violet wire)

thanks!

Last edited by constantin_md; 05-07-2014 at 04:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #6
constantin_md
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

problem solved (pin #4 on cas)
thank you for support
Appreciate 0