E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > How to adjust E92 Hood Height

11-09-2007, 01:53 PM   #1
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

How to adjust E92 Hood Height

Hi guys, just got my Vorsteiner CF hood installed on my 335i coupe. I was washing it up to take pictures and noticed that the whole hood seemed to be sitting too high.

Is there a way to adjust the height of the hood. I found this for the E39, but it looks different on our cars and doesn't seem to offer the same adjustment capability. Any help? Photos soon...

Edit: Wow that photo looks like a mechanical penis - sorry guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I know Minipuck and Long know how to fix this. Hope you can find help soon. I have to look at our hood more carefully. Are their any rubber stops (not necessarily on the hood) that can be twisted in more?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
billspreston
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
I know Minipuck and Long know how to fix this. Hope you can find help soon. I have to look at our hood more carefully. Are their any rubber stops (not necessarily on the hood) that can be twisted in more?
Yeah I found the rubber stops and twisted them all the way down it didn't make a difference. Its like the whole entire hood is sitting 2-3 mm too high from the back to the front.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
modster
aka Alex
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

Bill, if you are referring to closing up the gap that you have between the front of the hood and grill, then you are looking at the wrong place. You have to make the adjustments to the contacts in the back that hold the hood, not the springs that you are referring to. I had the same experience when I instealled a CF vented hood to my E46M3.

If it is sitting too high, disregard my message.
      11-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #5
billspreston
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modster View Post
Bill, if you are referring to closing up the gap that you have between the front of the hood and grill, then you are looking at the wrong place. You have to make the adjustments to the contacts in the back that hold the hood, not the springs that you are referring to. I had the same experience when I instealled a CF vented hood to my E46M3.

If it is sitting too high, disregard my message.
Thanks modster. You are partially correct I think. There are two ball shaped bolts that sit on top the hinges in the rear that helped lower the rear of the hood, but this didn't have much of an effect on closing the hap between the front of the hood and the grill. I ended up closing that gap by screwing in the two latches in the front of the hood and that seemed to make the biggest difference.
Appreciate 0