E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Weird beeping . . .

03-02-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
JBM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi . . .

Weird beeping . . .

About a month ago, I had the iPod MOST adaptor installed. At the same time, the dealer updated my system software as there was a recall on the TCU chip. Apparently my BMW Assist didn't work prior to this recall. Apparently this recall also affected the SAT radio, but I'm not sure how.

Anyway, everything was updated and new software installed. I received the new menu options associated with the MOST adaptor (as detailed by JSpira) and the iDrive font, which I think is nice. Just as a side note, I like that it's a bit easier to find POI on the nav now (going through the I menu); however still wish there was a way to search for things via name or phone number rather than category.

But I digress . . . along with those new things, I noticed something else. At first I thought it was coming from outside the car, but it definitely is not. After I've been driving for a bit (anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes), I hear a series of beeps in a low volume from the speakers (beep beep beep beeeeeeep) (kinda sounds like a microwave finishing up). The beeps are heard regardless of what I'm listening to iPod, AM/FM, CD, SAT, or even if nothing is playing in the car.

It's a minor issue. But I was just curious if anyone knew anything about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 f32

it is your hour chime....go into your idrive and go to settings and turn the hourly notification off.