bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior, Interior, Lighting)

10-19-2023, 07:53 PM   #1
TheDrivenGarage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G82, BMW M2 G87 (Order)

PSA: M Performance Spoiler... get one while you can

For those that want the M Performance Carbon Spoiler, the little one not the wing, you may want to hustle and find a vendor that has it in stock. My incoming M2 had it removed from it's build, as spoilers are out of stock and no eta on restock. There is also mention that there was a high rate of QA failure on them, which could mean a rework or a cease to offer them in the future. My M2 was already at VPC for the port install, so it was a bummer as I thought they held parts for incoming cars.

I went and placed a few orders with vendors to see if some were still in the pipeline. Most everyone was trying to pull from BMW distribution and they indeed came back to say they are out of stock with no return eta. I was able to order from IND and they had stock and shipped to me.

https://ind-distribution.com/product...3ca6d8de&_ss=r

Not sure how many are left, but if you want it for your build, then you may want to move on it sooner rather than later.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 09:29 PM   #2
ttaidapos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Stelvio QV, M2 G87

Amazing how they charge $30+ for pre applied 3M tape lol for those that want it, still a great option.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2023, 07:40 PM   #3
ILikeBimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: (G42) m240ix

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrivenGarage View Post
Not sure how many are left, but if you want it for your build, then you may want to move on it sooner rather than later.
Weird, I'm still seeing them in stock at Get BMW Parts. https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...er-51195a51348 and for 15% off no less. This site like a couple others are actually a BMW dealership in disguise and usually offer a decent discount. In fact, if you have the BMW credit card, placing your order on these site lets you collect the rewards points as if you were placing the order at your local dealership.

My advice would be to search for the part number (51-19-5-A51-348) online and see what it's being sold for.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2023, 08:07 PM   #4
TheDrivenGarage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G82, BMW M2 G87 (Order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeBimmers View Post
Weird, I'm still seeing them in stock at Get BMW Parts. https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...er-51195a51348 and for 15% off no less. This site like a couple others are actually a BMW dealership in disguise and usually offer a decent discount. In fact, if you have the BMW credit card, placing your order on these site lets you collect the rewards points as if you were placing the order at your local dealership.

My advice would be to search for the part number (51-19-5-A51-348) online and see what it's being sold for.
Yeah I had my order canceled by several dealers and online vendors, but somehow I missed these guys. I wonder if they actually have it in stock as all the others had the same listing, but then after placing my order, canceled it..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2023, 09:07 PM   #5
BG42
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

I have the actual m performance one on my car. I have an ikon Cf m performance rep lip and honestly you couldn't tell the difference in the cf. I would assume maybe they are shopping a new manufacturer for their cf parts. I would be pretty confident buying an aftermarket rep honestly though 99% of people never be able to tell the difference.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 01:07 PM   #6
ILikeBimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: (G42) m240ix

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrivenGarage View Post
Yeah I had my order canceled by several dealers and online vendors...
Damn that's wild, I'd be pissed if that happened to me! Like I mentioned, that store I linked is actually a BMW Dealership in disguise with presumably a direct line to BMW parts, and all the goodies I've bought there haven't had this issue 50 y hubcaps, alcantara armrest, etc. They do list things out of stock too, so I think they're probably not trying to list some sneaky ass shit.
Appreciate 0