home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Wheels / Tires

09-21-2023, 09:28 AM   #1
Henke37
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 545e xdrive, BMW M2 G87

Winter wheels (for the Nordic)

Enyone who have recomendations for after market wheels och winter tyres for M2 G87? (I live in Sweden so we get quite cold and harsh witers)
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 12:26 AM   #2
ILikeBimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: (G42) m240ix

Garage List
Lightbulb

The general advice would be to minus size your tires where you keep the overall outer diamater of the wheel but make the tires slightly narrower and higher profile. This reduces overall snow float and also has the added benefit of likely reducing cost.

If the M2 tire and wheel setup is like the M240 with the ZTK track package and you're buying new rims, I would probably opt for a square setup over a staggered as this would reduce understeer as well which is not something I would want during the winter. Not withstanding that, you can also rotate your tires properly with a square setup.

As for studless winter tires, Michelin Winter X, Continental VikingContact, or Nokian Hakkapeliitta R5 are all top tier choices. Personally I'm running Michelin Winter X's and Nokian is hard to get where I'm at.

I used to live in a part of the US where our winters are cold and harsh as well, exacerbated by the fact that the snow plows suck at clearing roads. Could get fully sideways at 25 mph .

See https://www.tire-reviews.com/Article...-Tire-Test.htm

Last edited by ILikeBimmers; 09-22-2023 at 12:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2023, 09:14 AM   #3
Littlecoupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

I would add Bridgestone Blizzak to the list of possible tires. Wife has used them twice, I've been satisfied with the snow traction when driving her vehicle.

Maybe they've gotten better, but one downside many people warned me about is that they wear out quite quickly in warmer temps if you don't change back to summers soon enough. Yes, this is normal for a winter tire, but at least back in around 2015, they were pretty bad for that.
Appreciate 0