BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

08-08-2023, 09:06 PM   #1
shadowredlev
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 6MT Chalk/Fiona

Question About the M performance Wing

Hey Guys so I ordered my M3 with the carbon exterior package which comes with the carbon fiber lip spoiler

I was wondering If I were to go with the carbon fiber wing port option, are they going to remove the carbon fiber trunk spoiler?

If they do remove it are they going to keep it in the car? or throw it away, how does that work

Y'all think its worth the price I noticed its a lot cheaper to just buy the part but the work i've seen to install it looks crazy, maybe its worth to just pay BMW and get the warranty

Also do you guys know what they call the little winglets that go to the right of the exhaust? whats that option called

thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 09:48 PM   #2
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowredlev View Post
Hey Guys so I ordered my M3 with the carbon exterior package which comes with the carbon fiber lip spoiler

I was wondering If I were to go with the carbon fiber wing port option, are they going to remove the carbon fiber trunk spoiler?

If they do remove it are they going to keep it in the car? or throw it away, how does that work

Y'all think its worth the price I noticed its a lot cheaper to just buy the part but the work i've seen to install it looks crazy, maybe its worth to just pay BMW and get the warranty

Also do you guys know what they call the little winglets that go to the right of the exhaust? whats that option called

thanks guys
If you order port installed parts and they replace a factory item, you do not get to keep the original item. So, they will remove the OEM spoiler and you will not get it.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 10:45 PM   #3
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Carbon for the car is almost always cheaper to buy it aftermarket and install it yourself, even for the parts that come with the Carbon Exterior Package. The draw of it is it's already there and is factory warrantied.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 01:40 AM   #4
shadowredlev
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 6MT Chalk/Fiona

Yeah I’d prefer the port to install the carbon bits looking at pricing the carbon exterior is 6700 dollars in parts for 4700 so that’s totally worth it, the wing is about 1300 more but I assume that’s the labor, do you guys know if the body shops at the bmw dealer install them as good as the port? Maybe I’ll buy the wing and install it at the body shop
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 08:03 AM   #5
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowredlev View Post
Yeah I’d prefer the port to install the carbon bits looking at pricing the carbon exterior is 6700 dollars in parts for 4700 so that’s totally worth it, the wing is about 1300 more but I assume that’s the labor, do you guys know if the body shops at the bmw dealer install them as good as the port? Maybe I’ll buy the wing and install it at the body shop
I'm not sure what you're looking at for parts, but aftermarket OEM CF is about half the price for what you get on the carbon exterior.

If I take price from autotecknic as of today, it's $695 for the air inlets, $495 for the mirror caps, $850 for the diffuser, and as low as $350 for a spoiler of your choosing.

That's all you get in the exterior package. Anything else, like side skirts, a splitter, the M Performance Wing, etc, that's all extra port addons.
Appreciate 0