BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

07-30-2023, 01:08 AM   #1
ChemLab
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current - 2023 RAM TRX

Got my Allocation - earlier than expected! 112 - need to figure out final build!

As the title states - went to visit my CA today - she smiled and said my order is in the system and is in 112!

I was not expecting this unitl September, tbh.

So, I think I like the 826M bi-color wheels. The black wheels lose detail if you are not close. I saw the bi-color wheels today and think I am set there.

I am having some trouble deciding between São Paulo Yellow and Toronto Red. I thought, briefly, about frozen brilliant white, but I don't think I am going to seriously consider it.

I really like Kyalami Orange interior - Fiona Red too. Extended or Full?

Carbon Fiber package - I saw it in person today and I must say, it is pretty nice looking. Thoughts?

Trim - the newer Aluminum Rhombicle Anthracite looks cool. Black piano is nice, but attracts dust and prints. CF is ok, but I don't know about it for the interior.

She says I am week 36 and probably won't have a lot of time to make changes to my intial order. I am going to finalize my build by Monday/Wednesday.

Which port options are worthy? I think the outer CF package with the roof is just right. I initlally thought of adding more, but now that I saw it in person, I think the CF package is just right.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited by ChemLab; 07-30-2023 at 01:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 01:45 AM   #2
hhkb
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3

Red on red looks absolutely fantastic:

https://youtu.be/iTiyZIKo-QM
      07-30-2023, 02:26 AM   #3
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Honestly I think red on red/orange looks a bit too much. If you really like red I think you'll like it but I think a bit of contrast would do well.

826M bi-colors are peak BMW wheel, good choice.

If you're only considering between SPY or Toronto, I'd probably do SPY w/ the Kyalami Orange. that's a pretty killer combo, but if you want to do something that's just flashy, SPY + Yas Marina Blue interior is a dope combo. Or IOMG + Kyalami Orange/YMB. Whatever interior you pick *gotta* be full IMO.

As for the Carbon Package, I think it's not worth it. I purchased a set of Autotecknic CF Mirror Caps, Diffuser, Spoiler, and side-fake-vent replacements for $1600 total. The only thing missing is the front air inlets, and those are only another $950 if you wanted. $2500 vs $4500 from the factory. If you really want to have the factory do it, you can pay it, but I'm fine replacing it myself.

As far as Trim, CF is a must since you get the bigger/nicer paddles. That's non-negotiable IMO.

None of the port options matter/are worth it, but the floating hub caps and the M Performance mats are neat.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 02:50 AM   #4
ChemLab
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the thought!

Colors are always tough for me. Interesting on the CF trim. I didn't know you get nicer paddles. Hmm.

Full, yeah. I'm not going to chintz out on that. Good call. It does look much nicer.

Current order is SPY and KO.

I go back and forth on the CF package. The gloss black trim looks darn good too. I may just stick with that.

Decisions decisions.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 03:13 AM   #5
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
I love my Kyalami Orange interior, but personally wouldn’t pair it with a Toronto Red exterior. I’d be going either Silverstone, Ivory or Tartufo.

Fiona Red works as well IMO, there are examples of Red on Red here on the forum.

As for Extended v Full, go Full leather. It truly makes the interior feel so much more luxurious and premium.

Never really cared about the carbon exterior pack for my car. Definitely wanted the carbon interior trim though (standard here in Australia). If you don’t get carbon paddles, it looks like you get the same paddles as on a 330i.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 08:02 AM   #6
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

SPY on Orange...are there any examples of that? I'm not sure, seems like it would clash too much. Yellow exterior with an orange that has quite strong red tones. Hmm. Colors are a personal thing...I'm just not sold on this one but hey, if it floats your boat...

Agree on interior carbon. Exterior carbon, skip. You can always add yourself as time goes on, including the BMW parts.

Definitely get bi-colors. The black wheels just get lost from a distance.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 08:56 AM   #7
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemLab View Post
Thanks for the thought!

Colors are always tough for me. Interesting on the CF trim. I didn't know you get nicer paddles. Hmm.

Full, yeah. I'm not going to chintz out on that. Good call. It does look much nicer.

I go back and forth on the CF package. The gloss black trim looks darn good too. I may just stick with that.

Decisions decisions.
Black with red looks good for sure.
I also think Red on Red is too much. If I was up to me and Red exterior. I would do either black interior or Silverstone.
Appreciate 1
JM322223.00
      07-30-2023, 09:43 AM   #8
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Do the Cherry Bomb…Red/Red!
      07-30-2023, 12:20 PM   #9
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CS

Well you better hurry up and decide 112 means your basically ready to be built and once it hits 150 your stuck with what you currently have on the build.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 01:33 PM   #10
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the thought!

Decisions decisions.
SPY and KO is a wild combo but I personally really like it. If you like loud combos you'd love it I think.

I like CF in general and the nicer paddles are just the cherry on top, and it's only $900. But, if you do like the other trim better, you can always get a set of paddles aftermarket and install them yourself.
Appreciate 1
JM322223.00
      07-30-2023, 02:02 PM   #11
JM322
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi A4, Porsche 718, MB GLE35

Quote:
As the title states - went to visit my CA today - she smiled and said my order is in the system and is in 112!

So, I think I like the 826M bi-color wheels. The black wheels lose detail if you are not close. I saw the bi-color wheels today and think I am set there.

I am having some trouble deciding between São Paulo Yellow and Toronto Red. I thought, briefly, about frozen brilliant white, but I don't think I am going to seriously consider it.

Carbon Fiber package - I saw it in person today and I must say, it is pretty nice looking. Thoughts?

Trim - the newer Aluminum Rhombicle Anthracite looks cool. Black piano is nice, but attracts dust and prints. CF is ok, but I don't know about it for the interior.

She says I am week 36 and probably won't have a lot of time to make changes to my intial order. I am going to finalize my build by Monday/Wednesday.

Which port options are worthy? I think the outer CF package with the roof is just right. I initlally thought of adding more, but now that I saw it in person, I think the CF package is just right.

Part of the q is which are you starting with. The exterior color and an interior to much or other way around.

I am personally not much of an spy guy, but it can look nice with yas. The tr looks great, do that with black interior and 826m is nice.

I have cf interior and really really like it. Was one of the few things I optioned.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 02:03 PM   #12
ChemLab
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks!

Full leather is locked.

I looked at the Individual colors. Wow. A couple really strike me. The $4500 is a bit striking too.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 02:05 PM   #13
ChemLab
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwFanBoy94 View Post
Well you better hurry up and decide 112 means your basically ready to be built and once it hits 150 your stuck with what you currently have on the build.
Yep. Seems like a big range for many. A week to two months!

I'm considering an Individual color. That'll certainly push me out past week 36.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 02:33 PM   #14
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Yep. Seems like a big range for many. A week to two months!

I'm considering an Individual color. That'll certainly push me out past week 36.
Was told Individual color would cost you approx 3 months.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 02:35 PM   #15
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Was told Individual color would cost you approx 3 months.
It was an extra 6 weeks for me and my dad's M8 orders.
Appreciate 1
Needsdecaf6945.00
      07-30-2023, 02:44 PM   #16
ChemLab
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah, IC will push me back, but I don't mind. Originally, I wanted the car in December of this year. Right now I am scheduled for week 36, even a two month push should still get it here this year.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 04:53 PM   #17
bilalaman
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C43 AMG - GLE 350 - CLA250

Garage List
Quote:

My M3 Comp also hit 112 and I finalized the build. I went with bicolor rims as I like to see some details. Honestly my car is Isle of Man Green and every pic I see has the black wheels so for a second I was confused. But than I saw one in person and wow I’m not confused anymore 🫡 and finalized the build with bicolor
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 08:42 PM   #18
JM322
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi A4, Porsche 718, MB GLE35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilalaman View Post
My M3 Comp also hit 112 and I finalized the build. I went with bicolor rims as I like to see some details. Honestly my car is Isle of Man Green and every pic I see has the black wheels so for a second I was confused. But than I saw one in person and wow I’m not confused anymore 🫡 and finalized the build with bicolor
I have an iomg with 825m and think it’s great.
Appreciate 1
bilalaman192.00
      08-01-2023, 11:56 AM   #19
diablo2112
2024 M440i GC (G26)
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i Gran Coupe

One thing to know about the 826M bicolors. The ligher portion is a gunmetal finish factory applied by BMW and not the underlying alloy silver. If you get rash on these rims, it can be nearly impossible to polish it out and get a color match.

We had 826M bicolors on our 22 M3, and had this problem. The 825M bicolors, on the other hand, retain the silver alloy color and can be much more easily repaired should that be required.

The other thing is the 826M are about the hardest wheel to clean with all the various cutouts. 825 is a bit less complex that way. For all these reasons, I specified 825 rims on our new 2024 M3 build.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 12:25 PM   #20
StephenWyker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90, G80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo2112 View Post
One thing to know about the 826M bicolors. The ligher portion is a gunmetal finish factory applied by BMW and not the underlying alloy silver. If you get rash on these rims, it can be nearly impossible to polish it out and get a color match.

We had 826M bicolors on our 22 M3, and had this problem. The 825M bicolors, on the other hand, retain the silver alloy color and can be much more easily repaired should that be required.

The other thing is the 826M are about the hardest wheel to clean with all the various cutouts. 825 is a bit less complex that way. For all these reasons, I specified 825 rims on our new 2024 M3 build.
I got 963M for this exact option (in frozen grey). At least until I am willing to throw down and get another set of HRE
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 02:45 PM   #21
ChemLab
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yep- I was wondering about that. Thanks for the information!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 01:19 AM   #22
christianb5s4
Captain
Rep
Drives: Built 2001 Audi S4

I'd go full leather, I locked in a CA allocation Monday fortunately. I went Fiona on Dravit Grey! Full leather is a major step up interior wise IMO.
Appreciate 0