home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Southeast

02-23-2023, 11:27 AM   #1
OwnerF16
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Recommendations for an Exhaust/Fab shop in Cobb County?

Trying to find an alternate/cheaper exhaust option to buying an $1.8K mid-pipe!

I want to delete the secondary CATs, both resonators and replace with a straight pipe from the down pipes to an aftermarket x-pipe while retaining the OE axle-back.

Can anyone recommend an exhaust or a fab shop in the Cobb County area that’ll do this job? TIA.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 11:21 PM   #2
workalotdave
Time to work less i guess...
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G83

Garage List
I have a Remus system I am looking to convert back to stock. Came on a car I bought. Don’t have any recommendations but it could be a swap.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 09:00 AM   #3
OwnerF16
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by workalotdave View Post
I have a Remus system I am looking to convert back to stock. Came on a car I bought. Don’t have any recommendations but it could be a swap.
Ok, will keep it in mind. If you know….is your Remus system axle-back, CAT back, race or sport? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 09:21 AM   #4
workalotdave
Time to work less i guess...
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnerF16 View Post
Ok, will keep it in mind. If you know….is your Remus system axle-back, CAT back, race or sport? Thanks
It's not my strong area but from googling I think it is sport and at least cat back and possibly catless. I plan to take it to Solo Motor sports on Northside dr downtown to see if they can get it on a lift and quote me to make it quieter. The noise level and comparison to videos online lead me to believe it is more than axel back. Axel back Remus Sport sounds pretty good to me on videos and the valves can be closed for day to day driving.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 04:53 PM   #5
OwnerF16
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
After the countless hours and hours on this forum looking at and listening to different exhaust combinations
Looks like you have a CAT back Remus exhaust so you’re secondary CATs and both your resonators have been removed. I can’t tell if you still have your primary CATs / your original down pipes or not. It should look like this after your down pipes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 05:11 PM   #6
OwnerF16
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by workalotdave View Post
It's not my strong area but from googling I think it is sport and at least cat back and possibly catless. I plan to take it to Solo Motor sports on Northside dr downtown to see if they can get it on a lift and quote me to make it quieter. The noise level and comparison to videos online lead me to believe it is more than axel back. Axel back Remus Sport sounds pretty good to me on videos and the valves can be closed for day to day driving.
I’m in the process of changing my exhaust now. I’m adding a CAT’d down pipe to replace the OE down pipe. After that’s installed next week I’ll figure out my way forward but it’ll likely be a new single resonated mid pipe from Active Autowerkes and assess.

The reason I’m telling you all this is because if you’re looking for deeper tones and not as much “fast & furious” / make your neighbors hate your car then you may be able to simply install a mid pipe with a resonator. I believe this should tone down the volume on your exhaust and it should cost you around $2.0-2.2K purchase to install…depending on your shop.

If you don’t want to install a mid pipe then I think your cheapest and best option would be to have Solo Motor Sports install a resonator on each side and maybe add an x-pipe. I’m curious what they tell you but if you get rid of the Remus and it’s a Sport (not race) exhaust then I may be interested in taking it off your hands.

Lastly, my go-to SME on this stuff in this forum is @mike-xp. Here are the parts I’ve found on-line.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0