BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

12-23-2022, 10:11 AM   #1
davidmct-M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i with MPSSK

Dahler ATTC question

Trying again as looks like it got deleted.

Is this anti-theft device any good?

Concerns:
- only one fob. It it fails you are in trouble
- no way of tying fob to unique install ie any fob will work in any car. Possible way for thief to by pass
- no way to allow throttle map straight through if you want OEM. We have three options already.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 09:22 PM   #2
G80journey
Registered
Rep
Drives: m3 g80, XM

Garage List
2022 G80 M3  [0.00]
Hey bro, just installed mine today and was trouble shooting some issues and here’s my take:

1. Install is a breeze if you have a t30 and a flat head - literally all you need. I’m not a mechanic and I was able to do it around 20 Mins or so

2. I was trying to test the Anti theft since that why I bought it and discovered something interesting. It takes around 1 min to activate - sometimes a little more which is not ideal as I imagined it was instant. However when it does cut off it works flawlessly.

3. I love the eco mode especially on my tuned car. Having the ability to dial in the throttle is great especially when I’m pushing close to 700 hp

4. As of now I don’t believe theifs can bypass unless they know it’s installed and uninstall it. Which would take some time.

4. I’m still trying to figure out if I’m able to leave the controller in the car or not but hope that helps.
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2024, 03:20 AM   #3
BrooklynGreyM3
///MFlight Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3CX G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmct-M3 View Post
Trying again as looks like it got deleted.

Is this anti-theft device any good?

Concerns:
- only one fob. It it fails you are in trouble
- no way of tying fob to unique install ie any fob will work in any car. Possible way for thief to by pass
- no way to allow throttle map straight through if you want OEM. We have three options already.

Thanks
I have this and it was installed almost 2 years ago. I rarely use the FOB. I mostly use the app.
Follow Me on IG: BrooklynGreyM3
Appreciate 0