BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) on the German-spec X1, are convex mirrors on both left and right sides?

12-16-2022, 10:34 AM   #1
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

on the German-spec X1, are convex mirrors on both left and right sides?

first thing that I did when I bought my last two Mercedes(E-class) was to order the German-spec exterior convex mirror glass because the US-spec mirrors were flat.... (usually had to order both sides, but sometimes the right side arrives in the US with convex mirror for no reason)

I plan to order those mirrors as soon as the X1s are delivered..(but I have plenty of time, since both are not due until February)
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 05:29 AM   #2
FlashMonkey929
I Shoot People For Money
Rep
Drives: 2023 Portimao MSport X1

Garage List
2003 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2023 BMW X1  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrabby View Post

first thing that I did when I bought my last two Mercedes(E-class) was to order the German-spec exterior convex mirror glass because the US-spec mirrors were flat.... (usually had to order both sides, but sometimes the right side arrives in the US with convex mirror for no reason)

I plan to order those mirrors as soon as the X1s are delivered..(but I have plenty of time, since both are not due until February)
I imagine this might be costly since the mirror glass includes the indicator for the blind spot detection. I actually bought aftermarket convex mirror glass for both mirrors on my 4 series on amazon, and they work great. I doubt something similar would be available on the X1 for at least the next 6 months from the aftermarket.

If someone can confirm that another market gets convex mirrors and can post part numbers I'd be interested.
2023 X1 Portimao, Msport, Premium
2003 330i Imola Red ZHP 6 Speed
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2022, 05:55 AM   #3
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashMonkey929 View Post
I imagine this might be costly since the mirror glass includes the indicator for the blind spot detection. I actually bought aftermarket convex mirror glass for both mirrors on my 4 series on amazon, and they work great. I doubt something similar would be available on the X1 for at least the next 6 months from the aftermarket.

If someone can confirm that another market gets convex mirrors and can post part numbers I'd be interested.
found this company that sells German-spec mirrors for most BMWs... I'll contact them to seen if they'll carry the ones for the new X1. The prices are actually quite reasonable. When I replaced the mirrors for my Mercedes E-class, I ordered it from a MB dealer in the Netherlands... it was about $250 for the pair, including shipping to the US. I kept the original US-spec mirrors for a while as backup and then sold them for about $100 on eBay.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/c-1...e-european-bmw
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 06:07 AM   #4
FlashMonkey929
I Shoot People For Money
Rep
Drives: 2023 Portimao MSport X1

Garage List
2003 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2023 BMW X1  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrabby View Post
found this company that sells German-spec mirrors for most BMWs... I'll contact them to seen if they'll carry the ones for the new X1. The prices are actually quite reasonable. When I replaced the mirrors for my Mercedes E-class, I ordered it from a MB dealer in the Netherlands... it was about $250 for the pair, including shipping to the US. I kept the original US-spec mirrors for a while as backup and then sold them for about $100 on eBay.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/c-1...e-european-bmw
I've actually ordered from Turner before when I had my e90. They never did have the mirrors in stock for my 4 series, so I ended up just going on amazon and got the aftermarket pair for $80. Which I just realized I have to switch back to OEM before I turn the car in.....
2023 X1 Portimao, Msport, Premium
2003 330i Imola Red ZHP 6 Speed
Appreciate 0