BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Picked up my xdrive28i last week!

12-08-2022, 03:07 AM   #1
lildumplinx1
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x1

Picked up my xdrive28i last week!

After 3 long months of waiting, I picked up my xdrive 28i last week. So far so good! I regretted not purchasing the Msport/shadowline package but I think she still looks great! 😜
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      12-08-2022, 09:55 AM   #2
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
enjoy the car, looks great, keep posting your impressions after driving it a while

stay safe
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 01:52 PM   #3
lildumplinx1
Private
Rep

Thank you! So far, I love it more than I thought I would. Biggest gripe before buying the car was the veto of the shift knob and physical buttons. But after the initial "setup period" I've actually become very accustomed to the touch screen and shift nub.

One thing I'm having issues with, and im not sure if anyone else is.. but my hands free tailgate is definitely temperamental. Sometimes it opens, sometimes it takes a few kicks, most other times it doesn't work at all. Is anyone else facing that issue?

Also, not super in love the mud lights. Feels a little show-y and slightly too in your face for my taste. Do you need a reminder of what kind of car this is? 😂 But I don't know how to turn them off! Anyone know how?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 01:55 PM   #4
prp7
Rep
Drives: 2019 X1

I have a 2019 and I could never get the hands free tailgate to work right so I never use it. It's very quirky.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 01:58 PM   #5
igott
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 228i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildumplinx1 View Post
Thank you! So far, I love it more than I thought I would. Biggest gripe before buying the car was the veto of the shift knob and physical buttons. But after the initial "setup period" I've actually become very accustomed to the touch screen and shift nub.

One thing I'm having issues with, and im not sure if anyone else is.. but my hands free tailgate is definitely temperamental. Sometimes it opens, sometimes it takes a few kicks, most other times it doesn't work at all. Is anyone else facing that issue?

Also, not super in love the mud lights. Feels a little show-y and slightly too in your face for my taste. Do you need a reminder of what kind of car this is? 😂 But I don't know how to turn them off! Anyone know how?

Hands-free tailgate has always been a super precise position. Every model has a different sweet spot. Enough time, you'll likely get the hang of where exactly to place your foot.

Not sure what you mean by mud lights. Ambient lighting? Display? Exterior?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 02:23 PM   #6
lildumplinx1
Private
Rep

That's so frustrating! I wish it would always work. I end up spending more time sitting there waving my foot around than I would if I just opened it or pressed the button on the key. I wish it was more seamless.

Sorry I meant the puddle lights! (Mentioned in the other thread as well) not sure what they're called but the big ole bmw lights projected from the side mirror.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 03:18 PM   #7
igott
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 228i xDrive

I've found on most vehicles that doing a "kick" motion in a particular spot works better than doing a "sweep" or "wave" motion.

If the puddle lights are like previous vehicles, I don't believe there's a shut off for it, but I do believe that it uses slides to project certain images. Not that this is a great answer, but it is a solution -- electrical tape could do the trick of covering up the projection.
Appreciate 0