BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) U11 Technical Campaign (Delivery Stop)

12-03-2022, 04:38 AM   #1
RichAppz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11) 30e M Sport

Unhappy U11 Technical Campaign (Delivery Stop)

My X1 xDrive30e M-Sport has been pretty quick during the process but had a few pauses along the way, especially as the original allocation was meant to be January!

There was a 2 week delay waiting for chips for the Panoramic roof. And now it's stuck at the port for a Technical Campaign, Electric drive unit.

Understand issues, especially that it is a new generation of X1. I am super excited and probably one of the most impatient persons on the planet!

My main complaint is the lack of communication, I am checking online (bmw.co.uk), think I know them all by name now! And it seems that BMW statuses are fluffy and lacking information when required. Non the wiser at the moment, delivery is being pushed week by week. Hope it's here before Christmas!

Anyone else waiting?

Last edited by RichAppz; 12-14-2022 at 05:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 08:39 AM   #2
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 U11 30e

Garage List
Mine is stuck as well 30e its a problem with the electric motor mount - that is the campaign,just got off the phone my dealer.To be honest nobody knows whats going to happen

Ps: the car is at dealership bmw stopped selling them to customers untill further notice
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 02:56 PM   #3
RichAppz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Angry

Mine is still at the port, the process is crazy. It arrived on the 29th November and been stuck in this campaign.

I have been in touch with dealership, genius online and I have even called the complaints department. NOT one person can tell me how long this is going to take. The dealership have said, tech support = no information, logistics = no information.

My excitement has turned into anger. I can’t believe that BMW will not release information on the issue and how long it is going to take.

Feel lost and contacting anyone is a complete waste of time cause it’s the same story!

Last edited by RichAppz; 12-13-2022 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 12:21 AM   #4
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichAppz View Post
Mine is still at the port, the process is crazy. It arrived on the 29th November and been stuck in this campaign.

I have been in touch with dealership, genius online and I have even called the complaints department. NOT one person can tell me how long this is going to take. The dealership have said, tech support = no information, logistics = no information.

My excitement has turned into anger. I can’t believe that BMW will not release information on the issue and how long it is going to take.

Feel lost and contacting anyone is a complete waste of time cause it’s the same story!
Sad to hear,it seems they failed big time!I went yesterday at dealer and we discussed that usually it takes 6-7 days for such issues to be solved,now this takes 2 full weeks now.I am getting angry as well but at the same time i tell myself - nothing we can do,its not in our power to change anything.
Such things happen ,the frustration comes more from the lack of communication and not that there is a defect (or wrong batch).
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 01:09 AM   #5
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Finally i managed to find the recall in the BmW Malta recall check.
There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting
"service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information.
Enhancement code: STOP024438

I have no idea what that is.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 05:48 AM   #6
RichAppz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah I can see that now, I have checked a couple of countries and all have said nothing.

UK
Name:  Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 11.40.04.png
Views: 2090
Size:  95.9 KB

Malaysia
Name:  Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 11.39.53.png
Views: 2074
Size:  68.1 KB

I sent a complaint email after speaking to their customer complaints department. Not a single person has replied, 48 hours now!

I agreed, it would feel better if they would have some transparency about the issue! How long it is going to take, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 05:55 AM   #7
RichAppz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

The dealership as it stands seems to be in the dark just as much as I am.

They have contacted their logistics team and they can't provide information. They have also contacted technical support who are not providing any information.

My current date for arrival is the 19th! But this moves each week so not holding my breath!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 07:40 AM   #8
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The dealership as it stands seems to be in the dark just as much as I am.

They have contacted their logistics team and they can't provide information. They have also contacted technical support who are not providing any information.

My current date for arrival is the 19th! But this moves each week so not holding my breath!
To be honest it might be a good sign that there is an official recall now or at least that its listed.Few days ago there was nothing at all...

So all we need to do is wait ,not to mentioned they f*** my holidays as the expected delivery was 2 weeks ago when it was going by plan and now it seems going into 2023

At the end we will forget about it and i do hope these guys from dealership add some "sorry" gifts even something small to apologies for keeping us in the dark
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 08:02 AM   #9
RichAppz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I hope it’s this year, to think it is just sat at the port is crap.

I am going to push for something, maybe money off servicing, that would be nice.

Not like you can go somewhere else to get it! Lol do feel pretty lost until it’s here.

Shout if you hear anything!! 😁
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 03:59 AM   #10
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
I spoke again with the person taking care of these matters - no update at all.
As i see it 2023 model will be available sometime in 2023 - i hope
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 04:05 AM   #11
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I hope it’s this year, to think it is just sat at the port is crap.

I am going to push for something, maybe money off servicing, that would be nice.

Not like you can go somewhere else to get it! Lol do feel pretty lost until it’s here.

Shout if you hear anything!! 😁
Well i spoke with some people from BMW in Germany - all X1 are stopped PHEV ones .That is what the lady said,which is kind of strange because not in all contries when i check for recall its listed anyway - centrally it is stopped .
Answering the question - when it is expected to be sorted - she said as per the limited info we have - at least a month.

So dont hope much for this year.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 05:25 PM   #12
RichAppz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I went to the dealership today, had a chat he showed me the system and there is literally nothing on there that even mentions the campaign. My sales guy has been trying to get info and same thing can’t get anything tangible, he has been trying to contact the factory at the port this side and they are not even answering the phone!

I did see a couple of X1’s there and made me realise that it’s worth waiting for! Sure is a good looking car. At least it is happening now and not when we have them!

A good friend of mine has an X5 company car, think he is coming up to 2 years usage. When he first got the vehicle he drove for 30 miles and it had to go in for repair. Then ENTIRE steering rack was replaced because it failed and he couldn’t drive it!

So I think I’m going to just enjoy the Christmas holiday, and crossed fingers we we have some good news after. Mine is currently showing as the 26th, but there is also a date on the system that a parent lay wasn’t there before for the 23rd, so who knows!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 05:29 PM   #13
RichAppz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqbriel View Post
Well i spoke with some people from BMW in Germany - all X1 are stopped PHEV ones .That is what the lady said,which is kind of strange because not in all contries when i check for recall its listed anyway - centrally it is stopped .
Answering the question - when it is expected to be sorted - she said as per the limited info we have - at least a month.

So dont hope much for this year.
Did you contact Munich? I was told that the systems available to the public for recall checking is not activated until the dealerships have them and they have been through their checks.

Not sure I believe the limited information part! I think they know what is going on!

Coming from a software engineers point of view, you need to find the bug before fixing, testing and implementing.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 11:31 PM   #14
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Did you contact Munich? I was told that the systems available to the public for recall checking is not activated until the dealerships have them and they have been through their checks.

Not sure I believe the limited information part! I think they know what is going on!

Coming from a software engineers point of view, you need to find the bug before fixing, testing and implementing.
I did contact their customer center (not sure if its the Munich one) and the lady behind the phone did a research at their end and quote
“ from the details shared with us its a hardware issue/defect found that concerns safety its not a software.If it was a software the clients would have gotten their cars and they will be updated over the air.From what i see given as timeframe - at least a month”
I am in software engineering and yes minimum is 4 weeks for release of a fix but the recall is almost a month old.My car was produced in CW46 and next week is CW51..also I was told from my dealer that the mothership send invoices for the cars latest 18-19Dec and after that in the new year.
If a new part have to be produced it will take more time for sure..anyway my sales person sends me details every couple of days i know most of them at the dealership so they will share if it is lifted and a part is being waited.
They have some of the parts butt the main one is still not there and they dont know which one is it.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 02:15 AM   #15
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Finally - the technical recall is moved from STOP to recall action ID:

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 10.14.02

fingers crossed they now know what we do next
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 02:57 AM   #16
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Another update - the parts are available and my dealer said, once they change them the stop delivery gets lifted.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 03:10 AM   #17
RichAppz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Amazing that’s good news, the port here is not giving any information! So annoying, I will ping them to see if they can get info!

Thanks for your update!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 01:43 PM   #18
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Amazing that’s good news, the port here is not giving any information! So annoying, I will ping them to see if they can get info!

Thanks for your update!
Just go in personal and ask them WTF is going on - and ask them to get the car to the dealer and while waiting to order all the parts - its possible as mine was done the same.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2022, 03:42 AM   #19
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
@RichAppz - so i got more details today.In total they are 22 parts that needs changing - one of them is the whole electric drive unit itself.All my parts arrived except it - I was hoping first week of Jan but now i have no idea.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 04:30 AM   #20
RichAppz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
@RichAppz - so i got more details today.In total they are 22 parts that needs changing - one of them is the whole electric drive unit itself.All my parts arrived except it - I was hoping first week of Jan but now i have no idea.
Interesting, getting more info from you.

Still nothing but pushed dates last 3 days I have had 3 different dates in the first 2 weeks of January!

Just called my dealership and they have nothing, he is going to try and contact the relevant people at the port! But he is not holding his breath.

I am not either to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 01:57 PM   #21
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Interesting, getting more info from you.

Still nothing but pushed dates last 3 days I have had 3 different dates in the first 2 weeks of January!

Just called my dealership and they have nothing, he is going to try and contact the relevant people at the port! But he is not holding his breath.

I am not either to be honest.
I am waiting answer from BMW tech support and from the warehouse when they expect the parts to be available.
My dealer said they might reply first week of Jan..will keep u posted
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 09:46 AM   #22
RichAppz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I am waiting answer from BMW tech support and from the warehouse when they expect the parts to be available.
My dealer said they might reply first week of Jan..will keep u posted
How is yours going? I have had minimal info, the dealership is trying to get information and seems like they are having a battle!

Someone mentioned to them that it was a software issue! Which is not what you received. 6 weeks late now
Appreciate 0