BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) About to give up….

11-23-2022, 02:57 PM   #1
50ShadesOfGrey
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

About to give up….

New member but I’ve been lurking for a long time.

I ordered a 2023 X1 in early September. My dealer had an allocation and I got the production number the same day. Things moved along swimmingly until I hit the Quality Check stage. It’s been stuck there for over a month now. I have contacted my dealer and the genius (twice) and no one seems to know what the holdup is.

Anyone here have a similar experience or a possible explanation? I’m about to give up….
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 04:18 PM   #2
igott
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 228i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ShadesOfGrey View Post

I ordered a 2023 X1 in early September. My dealer had an allocation and I got the production number the same day. Things moved along swimmingly until I hit the Quality Check stage. It’s been stuck there for over a month now. I have contacted my dealer and the genius (twice) and no one seems to know what the holdup is.

Anyone here have a similar experience or a possible explanation? I’m about to give up….

We had that happen to a customer sold unit. It was the first customer order we had, and started production well before any other x1 of ours. Now, just based off an assumption, I assume because it was one of the first units to go into production right after they released 3 different stop sales, and were waiting for remedies, it got put towards the back burner for a while.

A client advisor and my own x1 ended up passing the customer sold x1. Mine is in 182 status, awaiting to be assigned a carrier. The customer sold x1 flew past me, and is assigned a carrier awaiting to leave port, after a solid month and a half in production.

Can't say it's the same case as you, but i've seen it.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 05:20 PM   #3
50ShadesOfGrey
Private
Rep

Thanks for that…that’s a whole lot more info than I’ve been able to get out of BMW. Hoping you’re right and one morning I’ll wake up and it will be on a boat!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 12:50 AM   #4
harris06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x1

Quote:

Check with the CA. They can see some statuses which even the bmw genius cannot. After reaching the port here stateside, the “in transit” status was totally skipped. There have been some recent technical glitches as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 06:37 AM   #5
50ShadesOfGrey
Private
Rep

Thanks, but checking with my CA was the first thing I did to try to figure this out. I’ve asked him twice and the genius twice.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 07:40 AM   #6
Fumus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 xDrive28i

I was very close to giving up myself and considered just getting a used X3 M40i. But as soon as I started setting up meetings with dealers of those used cars, my car moved from "awaiting carrier assignment", to "dispatched from factory" and "at the port".

Looking at my timeline below, I also sat in QA for 12 days. I was worried there an issue and some parts that needed to be swapped out were on back order.

-- Order Placed August 16th
-- Scheduled For Production September 8th
-- Production Begins October 7th
-- Exterior Body Assembly October 15th
-- In The Paint Booth October 18th
-- Entering Assembly Line October 20th
-- Quality Check October 21st
-- Final Assembly November 2nd
-- Ready For Transport November 2nd
-- Awaiting Carrier Assignment November 2nd
-- Dispatched From Factory November 16th
-- At The Port November 17th
-- In Transit November 23rd
-- At The Dealership ??
-- Finish ??
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 09:34 AM   #7
CHSBoater
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 535 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post

-- Order Placed August 16th
-- Scheduled For Production September 8th
-- Production Begins October 7th
-- Exterior Body Assembly October 15th
-- In The Paint Booth October 18th
-- Entering Assembly Line October 20th
-- Quality Check October 21st
-- Final Assembly November 2nd
-- Ready For Transport November 2nd
-- Awaiting Carrier Assignment November 2nd
-- Dispatched From Factory November 16th
-- At The Port November 17th
-- In Transit November 23rd
-- At The Dealership ??
-- Finish ??
My car also got to Brunswick on the 17th. Last I checked, the My Garage showed it still at the port, but the web site is down this morning. Maybe we're on the same truck as my car is headed to Asheville.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 12:50 PM   #8
50ShadesOfGrey
Private
Rep

Seems to me 33 days in quality check deserves some kind of explanation. But neither my CA nor the genius can give me any information
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 01:42 PM   #9
Fumus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHSBoater View Post
My car also got to Brunswick on the 17th. Last I checked, the My Garage showed it still at the port, but the web site is down this morning. Maybe we're on the same truck as my car is headed to Asheville.
I’m actually in transit at the moment (my x1 is on the Hawaiian highway).

I love Asheville, what a beautiful place. I was there this summer… I went to the Biltmore; New Belgium and Burial breweries… also the pinball/ arcade museum super cool!

Quote:
Seems to me 33 days in quality check deserves some kind of explanation. But neither my CA nor the genius can give me any information
It does, I suspect you did fall victim to a part that isn’t available due to supply chain issues. They’ve allocated so many of each things for each vehicle. I wouldn’t give up, I would just ask to speak the manager enough times to get your stuff expedited.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 11:39 PM   #10
harris06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHSBoater View Post
You can get the carrier name from bmw genius. You can give the carrier a call and give them a few gentle pushes everyday to have the driver pick up your car.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 06:47 PM   #11
50ShadesOfGrey
Private
Rep

Now over five weeks in quality check. Neither the genius nor my dealer has any clue what the holdup is. I feel like walking ….no, running….away if this is the best they can do
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 09:19 AM   #12
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 U11 30e

Garage List
Quote:
Now over five weeks in quality check. Neither the genius nor my dealer has any clue what the holdup is. I feel like walking ….no, running….away if this is the best they can do
Which engine?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 09:23 AM   #13
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqbriel View Post
Which engine?
USA only has gas 2.0T.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 09:39 AM   #14
igott
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Any update? We had 4 x1's flip over to in-transit in the last few days.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 09:40 AM   #15
igott
Private First Class
Rep

If you give up, what's the alternative? Keep your current vehicle, or look at something else?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 03:41 PM   #16
50ShadesOfGrey
Private
Rep

No new info, it’s still stuck in quality check with no explanation …the alternative, if I give up, is something along the lines of a Volvo xc40 or similar
Appreciate 1
tex26702414.00
      12-07-2022, 04:53 PM   #17
50ShadesOfGrey
Private
Rep

Let me clarify why I,m upset about this. I understand …and understood when I ordered the x1 …that delays would be possible or even likely, due to parts shortages and supply chain issues, etc. what I find unacceptable is the lack of information from anyone at BMW. People on this forum have, according to their timelines, ordered their cars after I did. Theirs went into production after mine did. But mine is still sitting in quality check while many of those other people have already taken delivery or are about to as their vehicles are in transit to their dealers
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 02:58 PM   #18
gqbriel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 U11 30e

Garage List
Quote:
Let me clarify why I,m upset about this. I understand …and understood when I ordered the x1 …that delays would be possible or even likely, due to parts shortages and supply chain issues, etc. what I find unacceptable is the lack of information from anyone at BMW. People on this forum have, according to their timelines, ordered their cars after I did. Theirs went into production after mine did. But mine is still sitting in quality check while many of those other people have already taken delivery or are about to as their vehicles are in transit to their dealers
I feel the pain - i am in another situation,mine arrived at the the dealer but we cant get it as there is a recall for support on the electric engine mount and bmw said - no selling to customers.Not a pleasant experience to be honest - no timeframe given when it will be sorted,holidays are comming and that can extend in time..
Cant you just ask the dealer to check whats going on - they have codes in their system and they can get info for sure.
Fingers crossed to be sorted soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 06:48 PM   #19
50ShadesOfGrey
Private
Rep

I have asked the dealer multiple times. I,ve asked the genius multiple times. All they say is “we don’t know what the holdup is”
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 08:09 PM   #20
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

just open Google Maps and look at the BMW facility at New Brunswick(next to the Mercedes and Porsche facility) At any given moment, there are tens of thousands of brand new cars/SUVs parked there. Not sure how many cars they can go through each day, but I sure hope each car is inspected carefully? (but according to BMW USA during an interview last year, they can process around 600 cars per day, which was double the number of cars from just 3 years ago)

https://goo.gl/maps/mwEW9i9rCaAyL5HZA

Last edited by bluecrabby; 12-08-2022 at 08:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 12:03 AM   #21
WA
G42 B58 C56
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i

Not alone in your frustration ...

This week I had to start all over.

My X1 arrived last week.
Went to take delivery on Sunday.
There was damage to the rear quarter driver side window.

The (very obvious) damage is specifically to the trim around the glass, but once it was confirmed that the repair would involve replacing the whole window (not just the trim piece) ... no way I'm taking delivery, even after repair.

Risk of imperfect repair ... leak, wind noice, etc., too high. Particularly as it will likely be one of the first window replacements of this kind on this model. Plus the part is not available and is going to take a month+ to come Germany.

So started over with new build, and another 3 month wait.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 03:20 AM   #22
Kingpin4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i/2019 M2C

Greetings,
Figured I’d chime in since I’m currently in the hold status on my 2023 X1 also. Ordered with production number on 8/3/22. Arrived @ POA on 10/14/22. Was scheduled for several (I believe 3) software updates, and a re-call. CA kept telling me that the vehicle was ready (after 11/3/), but just needed a carrier assigned for transport. They ( BMW POA I’m presuming ) kept changing the estimated, and scheduled delivery dates for several weeks. Last week I was told by my CA that the vehicle was missing a key fob, and BMW wouldn’t release it until it had 2 fobs. Was also told that the fobs arrive in batches, and they didn’t know what the exact time frame would be. I spoke with the BMW GENIUS yesterday, and they told me the vehicle was indeed assigned to a carrier. Not holding my breath, just hoping it arrives before Christmas. Time will tell. 🤞
Appreciate 0