BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

11-16-2022, 03:47 PM   #1
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 128ti

USB-C rear Cabin

Hi all,

Does anyone know off hand if the two USB-C in the rear are ignition controlled or constantly live?
Curious to see what will happen if my granddaughter leave their pads plugged in.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 05:32 PM   #2
Matt26499
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notleks24 View Post
Hi all,

Does anyone know off hand if the two USB-C in the rear are ignition controlled or constantly live?
Curious to see what will happen if my granddaughter leave their pads plugged in.

Thanks.
The power in the car for the fuses lasts at least 10 minutes after the car is locked.
I can get power to my phone charger as soon as I unlock the car so I assume the power to the USB sockets switches off either when the car is locked or after the 10 minutes like the fuses.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 01:01 PM   #3
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 128ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt26499 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notleks24 View Post
Hi all,

Thanks.
The power in the car for the fuses lasts at least 10 minutes after the car is locked.
I can get power to my phone charger as soon as I unlock the car so I assume the power to the USB sockets switches off either when the car is locked or after the 10 minutes like the fuses.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0