BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Don Carlos - In-Transit

10-21-2022, 11:50 AM   #1
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 M-Sport

Don Carlos - In-Transit

Is anyone on the Don Carlos with me? Left Bremerhaven yesterday, arriving in Port Bayonne on November 5th. We are getting close. Hopeful for delivery by the 15th of November.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 12:33 PM   #2
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevy Equinox --> BMW X1?

Mine is arriving at Port Bayonne in 27 minutes! But I'm not watching it like a hawk at all.
Appreciate 1
tex26702414.00
      10-21-2022, 02:24 PM   #3
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromans1 View Post
Mine is arriving at Port Bayonne in 27 minutes! But I'm not watching it like a hawk at all.
Sure... You aren't watching it like a Hawk.

I think your in-transit time was a little quicker than mine. Mine vessel is making four stops before NY with a three-day break in Belgium before going to Southampton and Halifax.

Has your dealership told you anything about the Sales Block until November 5th? Mine didn't seem to know anything about it, only that their demo car still had a stop-sale order on it, but mine was clear.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 03:49 PM   #4
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTheFinest View Post
Sure... You aren't watching it like a Hawk.

I think your in-transit time was a little quicker than mine. Mine vessel is making four stops before NY with a three-day break in Belgium before going to Southampton and Halifax.

Has your dealership told you anything about the Sales Block until November 5th? Mine didn't seem to know anything about it, only that their demo car still had a stop-sale order on it, but mine was clear.
Yes I think you're right. It left the port in Zeebrugge on Oct 13 and landed in NYC (technically New Jersey) just a few minutes ago. This is its first port on this continent. I guess it took the express, haha!
And yes my dealer told me it can't be delivered before Nov 4/5. That's fine for me because my Equinox is currently in the body shop after being rear-ended a month ago. With a lot of luck it'll be ready next Friday. With no luck it'll be ready after the new X1 is ready.

I just worry all these pristine X1s will be sitting on these lots getting test-driven by strangers until we're able to pick them up.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 04:37 PM   #5
mtmaster
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Yes I think you're right. It left the port in Zeebrugge on Oct 13 and landed in NYC (technically New Jersey) just a few minutes ago. This is its first port on this continent. I guess it took the express, haha!
And yes my dealer told me it can't be delivered before Nov 4/5. That's fine for me because my Equinox is currently in the body shop after being rear-ended a month ago. With a lot of luck it'll be ready next Friday. With no luck it'll be ready after the new X1 is ready.

I just worry all these pristine X1s will be sitting on these lots getting test-driven by strangers until we're able to pick them up.
Lol same fear here about strangers test-driving my car while it’s waiting for pickup.
Appreciate 1
Kromans1174.00
      10-21-2022, 04:54 PM   #6
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmaster View Post
Lol same fear here about strangers test-driving my car while it’s waiting for pickup.
I asked about that on the general forum. Maybe someone has some insight.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 05:24 PM   #7
igott
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 228i xDrive

Quote:

Maybe we're the outlier, but we wouldn't let a customer drive a sold unit unless we had the express consent from the individual, which 95% of the time, we wouldn't even put a customer in that situation. At most, we would let someone look at the vehicle, to get an idea on size.
Appreciate 1
Kromans1174.00
      10-21-2022, 05:31 PM   #8
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by igott View Post
Maybe we're the outlier, but we wouldn't let a customer drive a sold unit unless we had the express consent from the individual, which 95% of the time, we wouldn't even put a customer in that situation. At most, we would let someone look at the vehicle, to get an idea on size.
That's great to know, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 09:00 PM   #9
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep

We specifically asked about taking delivery before the demo car arrived and were told there would be no issues. Ours is the first sold order car arriving and it was the first allocation for the dealership. I have been tracking both dealership orders and the demo is still sitting in port and has been for 3-4 weeks...
Appreciate 0