home
Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

08-25-2022, 08:57 PM   #1
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

Replacing stock grille with CF

I purchased an aftermarket grill, not realizing the entire front bumper needed to be removed to get to it. Bummer. I am not a handsy person. The old F80 you can do it from the outside with little effort.

I'm concerned about the pattern gaps not coming back to together nicely or seeming as if the car has been in an accident when it has not..

Has this install gone well for those who have done it? It is so sick looking. I imagine if I decide to do the CSF heat exchanger and some of those other goodies, the front will need to come back out anyway.

Alternatively, i could have invested in BMWP Aero parts instead of the Grille.

What's everything think? Any reputable shops in
2015 335i (retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 09:12 PM   #2
exmowner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3X / 14 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.m3 View Post
I purchased an aftermarket grill, not realizing the entire front bumper needed to be removed to get to it. Bummer. I am not a handsy person. The old F80 you can do it from the outside with little effort.

I'm concerned about the pattern gaps not coming back to together nicely or seeming as if the car has been in an accident when it has not..

Has this install gone well for those who have done it? It is so sick looking. I imagine if I decide to do the CSF heat exchanger and some of those other goodies, the front will need to come back out anyway.

Alternatively, i could have invested in BMWP Aero parts instead of the Grille.

What's everything think? Any reputable shops in

I’ve installed A few front grilles and I’ve had multiple g8x bumpers off that went back on exactly like factory.

My shop is located in Fort Lauderdale , feel free to pm me for details!

Alex
2021-G82 BASE (SOLD)
Appreciate 2
      08-25-2022, 11:58 PM   #3
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

This is the first car I've had in a while where the bumper reinstalls and aligns like the factory. There are two screws in each bumper/fender and special plastic brackets with tabs that ensure alignment. Slick stuff. This ain't no 99 Civic or 01 IS300, I can tell ya.
M4Tejas846.00
      08-26-2022, 01:25 AM   #4
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
This is the first car I've had in a while where the bumper reinstalls and aligns like the factory. There are two screws in each bumper/fender and special plastic brackets with tabs that ensure alignment. Slick stuff. This ain't no 99 Civic or 01 IS300, I can tell ya.
You also need to look out for the hood gap. There are multiple torx screws on the top of the bumper that you can play with to make sure the gap is aligned with the hood. Either push or pull the bumper out then tighten the screws.

I have removed the bumper multiple times and it's nothing difficult. Just tedious. There are youtube videos out there that show you step by step on how to remove the bumper.
Appreciate 1
mattssi882.00