BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-18-2022, 02:36 PM   #1
mwitt8
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2010 335i xDrive

Long Cranks on 2011 X3 35i

Hey guys this is my first post on here but I have been in the BMW community and reading these forums for a little while now. Anyways, I have an X3 with the N55 from 2011 that I am a little stumped on. The car will always start but takes much longer than it should. I think this is because the car doesn’t prime the fuel system like it does in my 335. However, I’m not sure what to do at this point or if there is anything I should test before I replace the rail pressure sensor which is what I think it causing it not to prime. I’ll attach videos of starting after sitting for a long time vs if I just restart it as well as the codes I am getting. Thanks, let me know if you have any ideas of what I should try.

Cold start after a couple days:
https://youtube.com/shorts/ubNSYQQRgOM?feature=share

This is a restart after it has been running for a few seconds and built fuel pressure:
https://youtube.com/shorts/adcruGg5kPE?feature=share

Here are the codes I am getting:
119404Rail pressure sensor, Signal fixed
lying
11A002 Fuel high pressure, plausibklity.
pressure too low
11 AC02 Fuel high pressure, plausibility,
cold start: pressure too low

By the way, I know pretty much everyone is going to say it’s the HPFP but I’m fairly certain that it is not the problem. The cars runs super strong and has no sign of low fuel pressure at the rail. It builds boost with no problems and has never stumbled accelerating.

Also, before everyone asks to check the low fuel pressure on startup, correct me if I am wrong since this is a new car to me but I don’t think I can. I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that the 2011 N55’s don’t have the low pressure sensor. However, if anyone has an idea to check it another way I am completely open to any ideas.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 12:20 PM   #2
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Maybe you should try posting this in the second gen X3 (F25 2011-2017) forum to get more responses.
Appreciate 0