BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

08-16-2022, 06:11 AM   #1
DazMelb20
Rep
Drives: 118i

Sports and Eco dashboards no longer shown?

My 118i had a service last week and the iDrive software was updated. A nice new feature was Heads Up Display (HUD) with Apple Maps.

One thing that did change was that previously when you selected Eco or Sports mode, the main dashboard would change reflecting those selected modes. ie. Eco would be a blue dashboard showing fuel consumption. Whereas Sports would be a bright red showing RPM etc.

Now when I select these modes, the dashboard display doesn't change. The mode was changed as on the dashboard at the bottom of the display it shows the words Eco or Sports.

Is this just my car after the update? Or did BMW decide to scrap the previous 3 types of displays?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 06:55 PM   #2
Matt26499
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazMelb20 View Post
My 118i had a service last week and the iDrive software was updated. A nice new feature was Heads Up Display (HUD) with Apple Maps.

One thing that did change was that previously when you selected Eco or Sports mode, the main dashboard would change reflecting those selected modes. ie. Eco would be a blue dashboard showing fuel consumption. Whereas Sports would be a bright red showing RPM etc.

Now when I select these modes, the dashboard display doesn't change. The mode was changed as on the dashboard at the bottom of the display it shows the words Eco or Sports.

Is this just my car after the update? Or did BMW decide to scrap the previous 3 types of displays?
Interesting. Have you spoken to either your dealership or BMW online live chat about the issue?

Out of interest have you got an image of the Apple Maps update? And what iDrive version are you now using?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 09:34 PM   #3
DazMelb20
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt26499 View Post
Interesting. Have you spoken to either your dealership or BMW online live chat about the issue?

Out of interest have you got an image of the Apple Maps update? And what iDrive version are you now using?
My dealer called and it was an easy fix in the end. If you go to CAR then SETTINGS then DISPLAYS you should notice Driving Mode View isn’t ticked anymore - once ticked you will get back the coloured driving modes. That's it!

FYI - software 03/2022.71.

If you're using Apple Maps on your phone (via CarPlay) it then shows you the turn by turn instructions on your console and also heads up display too.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 12:41 PM   #4
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 128ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazMelb20 View Post

Are you sure it's not just the settings within the iDrive that have changed? I'd look there if you haven't already.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 08:03 PM   #5
DazMelb20
Rep

Yes it was an iDrive setting (as per above). Maybe the default option had changed with the new update. Anyhow, all resolved now. Thanks!
Appreciate 0