bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior, Interior, Lighting)

07-23-2022, 08:53 PM   #1
GargoyleBWM
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Garage List
Rear Spoiler and Black Model Badge

Today I pulled off the OEM flat lip spoiler and replaced it with the M Performance CF rear spoiler. Also rebadged with the M Perf gloss black M240i badge.
Very interesting how the new spoiler actually reshapes the tail of the car--the outside ends of the spoiler sit on top of the trunk but quickly roll over the rear edge of the trunk and attach to the back surface rather than sitting on top.

Appreciate 3
KJ10496.00
M_85111.00
      07-24-2022, 06:19 PM   #2
NoSuchSol
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 G80 Yellow

Looks good! I've been on the fence but looks great on a lighter color. I'm hoping that someone comes out with a more aggressive diffuser to go along with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 02:42 PM   #3
Autobahn SoCal
Performance Driving Coach
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 (G87)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GargoyleBWM View Post
Today I pulled off the OEM flat lip spoiler and replaced it with the M Performance CF rear spoiler. Also rebadged with the M Perf gloss black M240i badge.
Very interesting how the new spoiler actually reshapes the tail of the car--the outside ends of the spoiler sit on top of the trunk but quickly roll over the rear edge of the trunk and attach to the back surface rather than sitting on top.

[IMG]https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/pi...ictureid=85967[/IMG]

[IMG]https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/pi...ictureid=85968[/IMG]
Looks great. Now remove the xDrive badge to keep it consistent black 😎

https://www.youtube.com/autobahnsocal
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 09:45 PM   #4
GargoyleBWM
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awtobahn View Post
Thanks! I thought about taking off the xDrive but think it would make the rear look a little unbalanced R to L. I was actually thinking of doing a gloss black over-spray on that badge and just let the embossing show through.

Interesting that you black-wrapped your trunk strip--I am actually planning to wrap my CF spoiler. Right now the CF looks cool but a little out of place when you get up close and notice it is not the same black as the rest of the Shadowline trim.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 10:11 AM   #5
Autobahn SoCal
Performance Driving Coach
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 (G87)

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awtobahn View Post
Thanks! I thought about taking off the xDrive but think it would make the rear look a little unbalanced R to L. I was actually thinking of doing a gloss black over-spray on that badge and just let the embossing show through.

Interesting that you black-wrapped your trunk strip--I am actually planning to wrap my CF spoiler. Right now the CF looks cool but a little out of place when you get up close and notice it is not the same black as the rest of the Shadowline trim.
I removed the OEM spoiler and installed the M Performance CF one. The rear looks way better now and more aggressive. If you look at my YT channel you'll see some vids about the badging and spoiler as well.

Here's the spoiler one before the black badge install.

https://www.youtube.com/autobahnsocal
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 09:45 AM   #6
shonseb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 240ix, gone: '14 Audi RS5

Garage List
2023 m240ix  [0.00]
Quote:

https://autoid.co/collections/g42-2022/products/x-drive-rear-model-badges-for-bmw-models
Appreciate 0