bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior, Interior, Lighting)

07-07-2022, 04:30 PM   #1
Autobahn SoCal
Performance Driving Coach
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 (G87)

Garage List
Some before and after pics, the gloss is good quality and matches the rest of the trim. Putting this with the M Performance CF Rear Spoiler really makes the rear look aggressive.

My YT video showing as well

2022 BMW M240i - G42 | M Performance Black Badge Install
Attached Images

https://www.youtube.com/autobahnsocal

Last edited by Autobahn SoCal; 07-07-2022 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 08:19 PM   #2
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

Can you post the part#? I am looking to do this immediately upon taking delivery
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 08:52 PM   #3
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Looks great, especially with the xDrive badge removed. I have mine sitting in a box. I can't wait to get my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 08:58 PM   #4
Autobahn SoCal
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpr View Post
can you post the part#? I am looking to do this immediately upon taking delivery
51-14-2-472-854

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 08:59 PM   #5
Autobahn SoCal
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rons e92 View Post
Looks great, especially with the xDrive badge removed. I have mine sitting in a box. I can't wait to get my car.
That xDrive badge was the first to go lol

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 09:31 PM   #6
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Agree, day one I'll be swapping to black M240i, removing xdrive, installing CF exhaust tips, and CF interior bits. Shortly after, will be buying CF side mirror caps, CF spoiler, and dinan intake.
Appreciate 2
KJ10496.00
      07-07-2022, 11:09 PM   #7
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
Agree, day one I'll be swapping to black M240i, removing xdrive, installing CF exhaust tips, and CF interior bits. Shortly after, will be buying CF side mirror caps, CF spoiler, and dinan intake.
Funny, our cars are coming around the same time and it seems like we're doing the same mods.

I have the black badge, M Performance carbon interior trim kit, and the MP carbon door sills sitting in a box. I ordered the MP front lip and wing as port installed accessories. I have an Eventuri intake coming tomorrow.

The thing that has me is the mirror caps. BMW wants crazy money for something so nonfunctional as the covers on the front of the mirror. The CF replacements do not change in shape or overall dimension. Over $2k is insane. I can rationalize a lot of crazy purchases, but that's just too much for me.

I'd be in for up to $1k for the set, and I feel like even that's overpaying.

What's the story with the CF exhaust tips?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 11:49 PM   #8
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Funny, our cars are coming around the same time and it seems like we're doing the same mods.

I have the black badge, M Performance carbon interior trim kit, and the MP carbon door sills sitting in a box. I ordered the MP front lip and wing as port installed accessories. I have an Eventuri intake coming tomorrow.

The thing that has me is the mirror caps. BMW wants crazy money for something so nonfunctional as the covers on the front of the mirror. The CF replacements do not change in shape or overall dimension. Over $2k is insane. I can rationalize a lot of crazy purchases, but that's just too much for me.

I wish I was as close as you are to taking delivery. I've been in Final Assembly for around a week now and I've accepted that in reality I'm most likely looking at mid-August for delivery.

I went over budget on my build to begin with so I'm trying to take it easy on what I spend on mods...so I am mostly sticking to non-OEM.

From what I've read, the M3/M4 mirror caps will fit, and there are plenty of options on AliExpress... yeah, I know, OEM is always ideal, but if you can find a well constructed non-OEM part, who cares.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256...c00cTSMJX&mp=1

The exhaust tips are a bolt on part, you just remove the exhaust tip body panels bolted to the bumper and install them on the exhaust pipes. I am not looking at replacing the exhaust system so this allows you to at least make the OEM exhaust more presentable. My tips arrived the other day and I am impressed with the build quality and how they look. There's some pics of them installed here
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 08:06 AM   #9
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
Quote:

I wish I was as close as you are to taking delivery. I've been in Final Assembly for around a week now and I've accepted that in reality I'm most likely looking at mid-August for delivery.

I went over budget on my build to begin with so I'm trying to take it easy on what I spend on mods...so I am mostly sticking to non-OEM.

From what I've read, the M3/M4 mirror caps will fit, and there are plenty of options on AliExpress... yeah, I know, OEM is always ideal, but if you can find a well constructed non-OEM part, who cares.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256...TSMJX&mp=1

The exhaust tips are a bolt on part, you just remove the exhaust tip body panels bolted to the bumper and install them on the exhaust pipes. I am not looking at replacing the exhaust system so this allows you to at least make the OEM exhaust more presentable. My tips arrived the other day and I am impressed with the build quality and how they look. There's some pics of them installed here
Those tips look pretty cool! You'll have to post an update as to how the carbon weave matches with your MP wing when you get it.
Appreciate 0