Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Part number

Hi guys,

I don't know if I'm posting in the right sub-thread but I really need help. I need a part for my rear bumper, I am not sure if this part is sold separately or not but was hoping someone could help. I am looking for the part that sits below part number 4. It seems like it is a separate part from the bumper (1) when I remove the plastic trim panel.

At first I thought it was part number 8 but looking at it closer I don't think it is. Also, it seems like the picture goes in order of fitting and this part would be after the bumper at the bottom, if it is sold separately.

I hope someone can help me, I'm not really looking to buy a whole new bumper, as it can be very expensive with painting it too. If someone could tell me if it is a separate part from the bumper or not that would be great help.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 11:53 AM   #2
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
BUMP!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 04:13 PM   #3
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Krabby, the part you a referencing is the rear diffuser. Are you wanting gloss black, grey or CF? Parts numbers will defer.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 07:20 PM   #4
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbiejones View Post
Krabby, the part you a referencing is the rear diffuser. Are you wanting gloss black, grey or CF? Parts numbers will defer.
Hey, no it's the part that's under that piece of trim. It's attached to the bumper. I'm not sure if it is a separate part or not
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 06:16 AM   #5
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabbypatty View Post
Quote:
Hey, no it's the part that's under that piece of trim. It's attached to the bumper. I'm not sure if it is a separate part or not
Krabby, understood. I physically verified and the component you require is listed as number 8 (mount for rear bumper) - see below:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 07:19 AM   #6
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Krabby, understood. I physically verified and the component you require is listed as number 8 (mount for rear bumper) - see below:
Dude you're a star thanks man. Can I just ask how you was able to verify it? I went to BMW themselves and they said it was a new bumper :/
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 07:47 AM   #7
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude you're a star thanks man. Can I just ask how you was able to verify it? I went to BMW themselves and they said it was a new bumper :/
I have added an excerpt from the G20 service manual - it is quite clear the bumper mount (8) is a separate component from the bumper cover (1), hence the reason both have individual part numbers.

Let me know if you have any additional questions brother
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 07:52 AM   #8
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I have added an excerpt from the G20 service manual - it is quite clear the bumper mount (8) is a separate component from the bumper cover (1), hence the reason both have individual part numbers.

Okay perfect, so I just want to confirm that part number 8 is behind the plastic trim/diffuser, because that is the part that needs changing. I've added a photo with a red circle to show the part I'm talking about. I'm talking about behind the grey plastic trim. Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 07:57 AM   #9
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Okay perfect, so I just want to confirm that part number 8 is behind the plastic trim/diffuser, because that is the part that needs changing. I've added a photo with a red circle to show the part I'm talking about. I'm talking about behind the grey plastic trim. Thanks
That is correct - you can see from the highlighted yellow section this component covers the area you require. Additionally, ensure you also have the required expanding rivets (14) for mounting
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-23-2022, 08:00 AM   #10
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That is correct - you can see from the highlighted yellow section this component covers the area you require. Additionally, ensure you also have the required expanding rivets (14) for mounting
Bro you are amazing thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

May I ask where did you get that last picture from too?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 08:02 AM   #11
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No worries brother, always happy to help! You can locate the provided picture on page 7747 and 7749 of the pdf.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 08:03 AM   #12
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No worries brother, always happy to help! You can locate the provided picture on page 7747 and 7749 on the pdf.
Perfect, what PDF is it? Could you link it please?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 08:07 AM   #13
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No worries brother, always happy to help! You can locate the provided picture on page 7747 and 7749 on the pdf.
If you are using the app you will not be able to access the pdf. Login via a PC and you will be able to locate the pdf.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-23-2022, 08:09 AM   #14
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you are using the app you will not be able to access the pdf. Login via a PC and you will be able to locate the pdf.
Okay thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 08:10 AM   #15
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Okay thanks!!!
Anytime! Good luck!
Appreciate 1