bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior, Interior, Lighting)

03-19-2022, 08:52 PM   #1
armandnouri
📷 @boost.m240
Rep
Drives: 2022 G42 M240ix

BMW G42 2022 Series Coupe Tow Hook Slit Covers for Tow Hook Straps

Hi, hope all is well. This is my first post on the forum and I'm hoping this is in the right place.

As the title suggests, I'm wanting to put a red tow hook strap on the front of my G42 M240i that is arriving in June. It's an all-black car with a red interior so I think it would look pretty neat

My problem is that the covers online don't seem to fit my car? In case you are confused, I am talking about this:https://ind-distribution.com/product...tow-hook-cover

Are there any tow hook covers that will fit my car that do not involve me cutting a hole through the one that comes with the car? It's not an option for me since my car is a lease.

Also, from my research, this strap I was interested in also seems to not fit my car? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3299...martRedirect=y

I've searched far and wide to no avail. If anyone could link me a cover and a tow hook strap that is compatible with my G42 M240i I'd appreciate it. I have a feeling these parts might fit my car though because I remember buying a plate tow hook holder for my Lexus that Amazon said did not fit my IS350 but it did anyway, so if that's the case here lmk as well

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 11:14 PM   #2
JDM_240
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i (Thundernight)

You just have to wait or buy an extra, have it painted, then drill a slot for the strap. As you can see you are still waiting for your car, so are the companies that fabricate the parts. It’s either time or effort bud, pick your poison
Appreciate 0